Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prolly the 066/660 top end kit is the best game in town.

Ordered it from Dave.

Went with the 56mm.

If some is good, then more is better and too much is just enuff.
Only thing gained from big bore kits is a penny saved. I have OEM 066 crank and top end if you need it I'd be reasonable about price. I don't have any plans for the stuff.

Only thing gained from big bore kits is a penny saved. I have OEM 066 crank and top end if you need it I'd be reasonable about price. I don't have any plans for the stuff.

Hah! Too late. Already on order. Scorched the Visa card last night. Getting most of the stuff from DefinativeDave. Gets here from Ohio in three days.

Hong Kong has 'em.[emoji10]

Defiantly give it a hardness test with a mill bastard.
Oh boy [emoji16] I'm not too keen on the "one worked so they all should" test. If the quality of the cranks were more consistent (notice I didn't say better) I'd be ok with them. But from my experience with aftermarket you'll have to sort through good and bad. Hopefully it holds up for you. You're much braver soul than I.

China has come a long way in the past few years. The more they have to compete in the global marketplace the better quality their products have become. Not like when their government was holding their hand.
Yes and no. Yes they make many quality things. But that's not always the case with chainsaw parts. Port timing in most Chinese big bore kits are 90% of the time not right/or close to stock. That being said some of them are great. But plating and beveling are the biggest inconsistencies. Now when it comes to cranks the big end rod bearings I've seen come loose. I actually bought a saw with an aftermarket crank in it that was locked up ($20). I wish I had taken pictures. Top end, crank, and case halves were destroyed. I think I still have the case halves somewhere I'll look later.

Low ceiling this mornin Steve..
Not too bad. The Golden Knights were able to jump @ 5000 feet. Weather a little better up here.
Hey, I found a new way to carry out an execution. I guess you could call it lethal injection. [emoji6]

e43b0fe8a2a7be72ee7c059cb2e3bb5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V

Not too bad. The Golden Knights were able to jump @ 5000 feet. Weather a little better up here.
Hey, I found a new way to carry out an execution. I guess you could call it lethal injection. [emoji6]

e43b0fe8a2a7be72ee7c059cb2e3bb5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V

That plain looks like it has attitude.:D:D:D:D

Ok guys I'm back. Sorta. Been in IA all spring dealing with family stuff. Doing wifes job & mine when I was home. Had in-laws estate sale weekend of IA GTG. Still busy trying to catch up with my own life but at least I get to stick around home for a while.

Back