Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning folks. The 260Pro pops on full choke, and starts on run, but then dies after a few seconds of running. I gave it a new piston and rings, new fuel hose and filter, new impulse line, and tried swapping the tank vent from another saw. Even tried a brand new Zama carb, and it still won't run. My mix is a couple months old, but it's e-free 91 so it shouldn't be bad. I'll mix up some fresh later tonight just to be sure, but what else could I be missing? I wonder if I tore the new fuel hose when I put it in? Hmmmm....

I'm looking for the service instructions for the ND. I can't find the most important part of the instructions. You're supposed to pre-load the diaphragm before tightening the cover screws.

Don't know about any 'pre-load' on that. I just reinstalled the carb., primed with a dribble several times and it ran. Did two so far.

Morning folks. The 260Pro pops on full choke, and starts on run, but then dies after a few seconds of running. I gave it a new piston and rings, new fuel hose and filter, new impulse line, and tried swapping the tank vent from another saw. Even tried a brand new Zama carb, and it still won't run. My mix is a couple months old, but it's e-free 91 so it shouldn't be bad. I'll mix up some fresh later tonight just to be sure, but what else could I be missing? I wonder if I tore the new fuel hose when I put it in? Hmmmm....
Well, it is a Stihl. ;) Massive air leak maybe?
2 month old e-free mix isn't that old. I've used it a year old with no issues.

I'll put the vac and pressure gauges back on it after work tonight. I checked them both before disassembly, but not after putting it back together.

Evening gents. Getting some rain at our house right now. No luck on the 260. Vac and pressure are still good. Put a new fuel line and same symptom. I'll play with it some more tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back