Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You all took them some osage orange?:clap::clap::clap::clap:
They mainly got oak and maple.....
For years the grandpa maintained his tree population, and had plenty of wood
But he lost his land when 71 interstate came threw.
The boy got what he could but scrounges for wood now because he doesn't
Want to loose the trees that are left.....

Guy came to pick up his hedge slabs and brought some trading materials........
8ed92e0675daa51b2de65b143913d19a.jpg
gave me all these and 20 bucks for 8 slabs!!!!

View attachment 442601
2002 F350 w/SRW.
7.3 diesel
Nice! That's the SRW (factory bed version) of my truck. If you like it stock, you'll like it a lot more with a few well thought out mods (depending on it's maintenance history). You're likely already aware but I can give you a few pointers if you'd like which will help your mileage, power and longevity. The only hitch is whether its an auto or a stick.

Nice! That's the SRW (factory bed version) of my truck. If you like it stock, you'll like it a lot more with a few well thought out mods (depending on it's maintenance history). You're likely already aware but I can give you a few pointers if you'd like which will help your mileage, power and longevity. The only hitch is whether its an auto or a stick.
Auto..
A new one from Ford last year.
Bout 25,000 miles ago.

That being the case there are a few longevity things you can do to help you be more aware of how the engine is performing (gauges or a screen device) and a bit less restriction on the exhaust wouldn't hurt. A mild program would likely be OK but you don't want to do stage 1 or better injectors or much else performance-wise until/unless that 4R100 is built beyond factory specs (to include the torque converter) which isn't cheap. I was lucky in that I have the ZF-6spd in mine (with a new clutch) and it's almost bullet-proof. Much better than the Mercedes G-56 in the Ram.

My mods are as follows: Straightened (factory) exhaust, Wicked Wheel II exhaust wheel for the turbo (quicker spooling), gauges (pyrometer/EGT, Boost and Fuel pressure as I don't need to worry abut transmission temp), TS Six position switch (with tuning by Matt at Gear Heads in TX which gives me "stock", high idle, +80, +120, +140, +160hp), Full Force Stage 1 injectors, Napa 6337 open element air filter (just as much air and filtration as the OEM HD. filter and about $50-90 less, and had already had the lift pumps, Hpop, Lpop, glow plugs and turbo replaced before I bought it.

With 4:10 gears she ain't fast, but for weighing almost 10K empty, she can be reasonably quick and pulls VERY well. I should be in the 370-400hp ball park at the rear wheels (once I replace the leaking doughnut gasket at the turbo) and can drag a friend's 28' GN loaded at 24K pretty well.

That being the case there are a few longevity things you can do to help you be more aware of how the engine is performing (gauges or a screen device) and a bit less restriction on the exhaust wouldn't hurt. A mild program would likely be OK but you don't want to do stage 1 or better injectors or much else performance-wise until/unless that 4R100 is built beyond factory specs (to include the torque converter) which isn't cheap. I was lucky in that I have the ZF-6spd in mine (with a new clutch) and it's almost bullet-proof. Much better than the Mercedes G-56 in the Ram.

My mods are as follows: Straightened (factory) exhaust, Wicked Wheel II exhaust wheel for the turbo (quicker spooling), gauges (pyrometer/EGT, Boost and Fuel pressure as I don't need to worry abut transmission temp), TS Six position switch (with tuning by Matt at Gear Heads in TX which gives me "stock", high idle, +80, +120, +140, +160hp), Full Force Stage 1 injectors, Napa 6337 open element air filter (just as much air and filtration as the OEM HD. filter and about $50-90 less, and had already had the lift pumps, Hpop, Lpop, glow plugs and turbo replaced before I bought it.

With 4:10 gears she ain't fast, but for weighing almost 10K empty, she can be reasonably quick and pulls VERY well. I should be in the 370-400hp ball park at the rear wheels (once I replace the leaking doughnut gasket at the turbo) and can drag a friend's 28' GN loaded at 24K pretty well.
It's got a set of bully dog gauges up the left cab corner.
What does that mean?
Lol

It is definitely fall like out I had 52 this morning. I bet with a few calls Jim could be taken care of.:):):):):)

Just what I've been thinking.

My problem is, I don't have the resources to supply the wood.

I can help cut some and be a splitter operator assistant.

That is, 'till my hemroids start barkin. LOL

wished ida known about a charity cut in goodman. right up the road. coulda been there. good on yall anyways

It was small. 5 adults and 3 kids. We split 1.5-2 cords and stacked/tossed it in a shed about 20 ft from where we split. All rounds were already cut to length. Matt ran splitter, Daron fed splitter, Cobey and Dave put splits in wheelbarrow. Dave and kids wheelbarrowed to shed, stacked and tossed splits in shed. I did all the noodling :) and me and the kids unloaded the 2nd trailer and brought rounds to splitter. The first trailer was backed right up to the splitter. We started at 8:30-9 and finished by noonish.

It was small. 5 adults and 3 kids. We split 1.5-2 cords and stacked/tossed it in a shed about 20 ft from where we split. All rounds were already cut to length. Matt ran splitter, Daron fed splitter, Cobey and Dave put splits in wheelbarrow. Dave and kids wheelbarrowed to shed, stacked and tossed splits in shed. I did all the noodling :) and me and the kids unloaded the 2nd trailer and brought rounds to splitter. The first trailer was backed right up to the splitter. We started at 8:30-9 and finished by noonish.
You guys are the best! :rock:

Latest posts

Back