Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Set up and carved at a local church this morning where they were having a fundraiser for relay for life. They had a bike run early and a bike/ car show afterwards. Couple of the highlighs.
6a57a4767395cc357d80c850bba8a18c.jpg
48a02ce8b73838471e833570e473749f.jpg
d8462b3a231a7f244474c5eef092d6fe.jpg
5217ffc5c13ed96e47a8dc3ddfa7163a.jpg

You gonna bring that up here to fort scott?
No. IF I'm able to make it to Ft. Scott, it will be Saturday only. I'm on call for work. Watching my boss's mood very carefully before ask to be "out of pocket" for the day.
Which means he takes the on call for the day.

Time to start thinking hard about FtScott gtg now..
I have 4 race cants and a big ole stub of Elm for the old Mag to demo in.
Also have some elm logs for Andy to freehand some cants out of Friday..
If he's feeling sporty.. LOL..

Hey Chad, you got that chainsaw mill operational yet?
Cause it would be cool to see it square up a cant or 2. Also, do you need any chunks or bolts for carving demo's?

Ya steve, that thing screams GTG.
That was the main reason I got it. It seems that when we came to the GTG in Ft. Scott we used our tent, which we set up in the rain, and it got down to 35 degrees that night. While we slept nice and warm, I think the better half decided that WE had had enough of tent camping. I've been looking ALL summer for one and came across this one 4 miles from the house. A/C, forced air heat, hot water, toilet, shower, t.v., stereo. All in 20 feet. Both axles have brakes.
For you guys that pull trailer's with brakes, what is the preferred brake controller?

Time to start thinking hard about FtScott gtg now..
I have 4 race cants and a big ole stub of Elm for the old Mag to demo in.
Also have some elm logs for Andy to freehand some cants out of Friday..
If he's feeling sporty.. LOL..

Hey Chad, you got that chainsaw mill operational yet?
Cause it would be cool to see it square up a cant or 2. Also, do you need any chunks or bolts for carving demo's?
I have at least one ceader log

That was the main reason I got it. It seems that when we came to the GTG in Ft. Scott we used our tent, which we set up in the rain, and it got down to 35 degrees that night. While we slept nice and warm, I think the better half decided that WE had had enough of tent camping. I've been looking ALL summer for one and came across this one 4 miles from the house. A/C, forced air heat, hot water, toilet, shower, t.v., stereo. All in 20 feet. Both axles have brakes.
For you guys that pull trailer's with brakes, what is the preferred brake controller?
A toggle switch is pretty rough stop.........

Tekonsha is what's in most trucks around here, but I'd bet there's something better available.

Latest posts

Back