Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut wood today with 3 other guys that all had farmbosses...... It was painful, I handed one my 2260 and he didn't give it back til I left.

I think I either got a bad run of lpx or I can't sharpen a chain anymore..... I could only get half a tank on a sharpening, cutting clean dry ash. The 2260 ran 3 tanks on a sharpening and it has rs on it. Oh well..... The lpx felt awfully soft on the file.

So what's wrong with your 064?
It won't 4 stroke, it leans out in the cut
I don't want to ruin it. It has a bent hi
Jet screw ... really needs a new carb. The only kit I found was a hutzl.. bing 49
I would like to put new seals in I'll ask Allen before I do anything I'm not sure about the timing and such

Cut wood today with 3 other guys that all had farmbosses...... It was painful, I handed one my 2260 and he didn't give it back til I left.

I think I either got a bad run of lpx or I can't sharpen a chain anymore..... I could only get half a tank on a sharpening, cutting clean dry ash. The 2260 ran 3 tanks on a sharpening and it has rs on it. Oh well..... The lpx felt awfully soft on the file.
Most of the Oregon I've tried lately has been really soft. It sharpens VERY easily and dulls equally quickly...

Gotta mod a husky 51 tomorrow. It has a 55 jug.
Nice little saw.
I may have a line on a free Husky 55 like what I had but IDK if it's an open or closed port model. Anyone have any advice?
On another note, the 201 is loosening up but it's still a bit anemic. It also seems to act weird when the fuel is low, which leads me to believe that the fuel line may be getting kinked. I will have to see this weekend.

Speaking of Ash, Dad and I cleaned up part of 2 lightening struck Ash. They were up the street from my Mother's (formerly parents) house so consequently I've known the neighborhood (and house) for the better part of 34 years. It has changed hands a few times and has been abandoned for near 2 years and is undergoing foreclosure. The house was a VERY nice 50's built 2 story around 1900sqft. It' now destroyed. On a good note, the neighbor across the street is a good guy who's about 4 years older and we graduated from the same high school.

The better part is that he has 3 boys ranging from 5-11 years old and I paid them a bit to help load the trailer for me. I cut, the boys ferried the wood and Dad stacked. I'll have to split the wood but I think it's near a cord that we salvaged. The Ash was horrible on the chains, especially the 28" loop I had on the 372 while doing some noodling on a 30+ crotch piece. I WILL be buying a grinder soon.

One other note, a buddy may be selling me a T540xp that's a factory throw-away (damaged sustained while demoing was more than it was worth for selling). I may be able to buy it with new internals for around $265... We'll see.

Gotta mod a husky 51 tomorrow. It has a 55 jug.
Nice little saw.

Been a while ago I overhauled an old 50 Rancher white top. Sweet saw. I still hear about it from the fellows friend who works at Jack Horner's Machinery.

Maybe that's why I like the Jonsered 630/670 so much.

Back