Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a friend come by last night to drop off some roofing equipment that I had loaned him. He got out of his truck all excited and said "did you know that you have some monster deer right by you"? I said yep, ya wanna do me a favor and kill some of them?:msp_tongue:

He got out his binoculars and ran up the drive and saw 2-10 pointers, 1-12 pointer, 1-7 pointer, 1 with a deformed rack, and one that he said had more points than any of them but he couldn't count them all. Plus we watched 2 fawns walk in front of our kitchen window just before he showed up.

What is the best way to protect my new trees that I planted this year? I've got a feeling that they may not stand a chance of surviving without doing something to protect them. I've lost 8 of them to those stinkin' deer. When they get done with them they look like a big toothpick stuck in the ground.:mad2:

Had a friend come by last night to drop off some roofing equipment that I had loaned him. He got out of his truck all excited and said "did you know that you have some monster deer right by you"? I said yep, ya wanna do me a favor and kill some of them?:msp_tongue:

He got out his binoculars and ran up the drive and saw 2-10 pointers, 1-12 pointer, 1-7 pointer, 1 with a deformed rack, and one that he said had more points than any of them but he couldn't count them all. Plus we watched 2 fawns walk in front of our kitchen window just before he showed up.

What is the best way to protect my new trees that I planted this year? I've got a feeling that they may not stand a chance of surviving without doing something to protect them. I've lost 8 of them to those stinkin' deer. When they get done with them they look like a big toothpick stuck in the ground.:mad2:

Call Ropensaddle. No deer within miles. Guaranteed. :)

Had a really good time hanging out with Hedgerow, Stumpy and the boys up here in the northland. We got to play with saws, eat like pigs, did a little swimming in Lake Michigan, and Me and Sarah got to have a really good hour and a half conversation with Stumpy about certain body functions that are some times undesireable (but often quite fun). We are going to try real hard to make it down to the Jasper GTG we will keep you all posted.

Latest posts

Back