Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Through ebay the wife of a disabled Marine contacted me asking about an old 041 I am selling. I suggested she get him a modern saw with safety features. Also suggested getting him Chaps to protect him from further injury. Anyone in the area want to hook up and help these folks out?

Im your huckleberry. PMs aren't working so how do you want me to get a hold of her? I am leaving work and will check back in this evening. Hedgerow and Workshop are the only 2 with my phone #. Blsneller may or may not have my email. They have my permission to give you my contact info. I can be contacted on another site (that is not linkbucked up) also. Later

Through ebay the wife of a disabled Marine contacted me asking about an old 041 I am selling. I suggested she get him a modern saw with safety features. Also suggested getting him Chaps to protect him from further injury. Anyone in the area want to hook up and help these folks out?

Shoot me an email- unsure if pms are working - treerat54026 a yahoo.com.

Have a new spare pair of Dolmar chaps for the cause.

Any one else up for some fun on the 19th in Fort Scott?

Heads Up/ 3 cuts-
Classes 45cc & under- 10cc divisions all the way up for whatever shows- stock and Mod/ pipe if needed
Dollar races / 20+" cant-run what you brung!
plenty of wood to play in and lots of Big wood for the big boys-
We will be doing chainsaw carvings throughout the day as well

Our Ministry Carving for Christ is sponsoring this event plus we will also be doing a fund raiser for a local family who's son who was in a tragic ATV/SUV accident a couple of weeks ago. He attends school with a coule of my youngest girls. We may be doing chilli and dogs plus some stuff for the local kids. We should have a great spectator crowd and a lot of local participation. I will post more details as they are solidified.

Updated
Lumberjackchef+4
Cobey+1
AWOL +1
Hedgerow
Levi
Locust cutter+1
Sawnami
Mo Jim
Workshop+2
WKEND LUMBERJAK +?

Last edited:
Sound great! I should probably let you know that Rebekah will be coming with me. We will be leaving the boys at home, as it will be our 10th anniversary.
Do you think I should bring the gooseneck trailer to be used as a stage?
What are dollar races? I can hardly wait to try out some of the big wood with a big saw!

Sound great! I should probably let you know that Rebekah will be coming with me. We will be leaving the boys at home, as it will be our 10th anniversary.
What are dollar races? I can hardly wait to try out some of the big wood with a big saw!

Hedge said he was gonna bring his and Cobey will have his so we should be covered for the stage. Congrats on your anniversary, no boys means no air chainsaw races. Dang that was so fun to watch!

Dollar races the way I understand it are in big wood, timed cut, run anything you want, dollar per cut, fastest time wins!

sent by any means necessary!

Kenneth according to the radio you should be finding you a hidy hole,severe storm warnings for Tongy and surround area. I'm getting some light rain,thunder and lightning right now.

Kenneth according to the radio you should be finding you a hidy hole,severe storm warnings for Tongy and surround area. I'm getting some light rain,thunder and lightning right now.

Yeah if that mean looking sky that I see on the horizon up Northwest of me is any indicator I would second that!

Cold front moved thru very slowly here. Some rain but no damaging winds.

Rats, I was hoping to sell some saws tomorrow.:msp_sneaky:

Rains gone. headed out to carthage for the farm girl festivsl at the red oak II. Just west of hedgerows place. Might just learn how to milk me a goat.

Can't help but wonder why a 041 is something he shouldn't run. If that's the case how is it he should be able to run a modern saw?
Oooraa

My understanding is that he is disabled. Why wouldn't having the guy run something with a chain brake be a great idea?

My understanding is that he is disabled. Why wouldn't having the guy run something with a chain brake be a great idea?

The va classifications of disabled run the gamut from severe paralysis to psychological issues. Also, the ratings run from 10% to 100% with some extra remuneration thrown in for some issues. Not saying what you are proposing is wrong. Saying I've not seen enough info to agree with your conclusion. If he is missing certain of his upper appendages he probly shouldn't be operating a saw. If he is physically and psychologically able then I still don't see the distinction between the old vs new saws. Not enough info upon which to draw a conclusion.
A disability rating does not naturally mean someone is unable. There are several AS members with disability ratings, from low to maximum, who are very able to operate old and new saws.

Last edited:
Marine's Wife needs Help

This lady in a tough spot wants to help her husband get a saw to further provide for their family financially. She lives in OK. And she never asked me for any kind of charity. But the need is there and with respect, honor and privacy I would like to see if we could help her out.

She was asking about an 041 I have on eBay. Her husband is disabled and I thought to protect the bread winner in the home a modern saw with a chain brake would be a better idea. Also any auxiliary safety equipment like chaps or gloves or gas cards or oil. Everything they would need to start up selling firewood.

Anyone who wants to be involved in this please add me to FB. I will create a group so we can communicate more consistently than here.

Thank you.

scott wojtasik

The va classifications of disabled run the gamut from severe paralysis to psychological issues. Also, the ratings run from 10% to 100% with some extra remuneration thrown in for some issues. Not saying what you are proposing is wrong. Saying I've not seen enough info to agree with your conclusion. If he is missing certain of his upper appendages he probably shouldn't be operating a saw. If he is physically and psychologically able then I still don't see the distinction between the old vs new saws. Not enough info upon which to draw a conclusion.

Initially your mind goes to wheelchairs or guys on crutches. not the case here. He is physically able, PTSD, some vision problems and a screwed up back.

I base my conclusion on that I do not know his sawing abilities. The guy went to War and got messed up. I do not want to be responsible for having a kicked up bar popping him the head, or having his good legs be screwed up...or worse.

Initially your mind goes to wheelchairs or guys on crutches. not the case here. He is physically able, PTSD, some vision problems and a screwed up back.

I base my conclusion on that I do not know his sawing abilities. The guy went to War and got messed up. I do not want to be responsible for having a kicked up bar popping him the head, or having his good legs be screwed up...or worse.

I just sent you a PM...before I read this page of posts. If he is wanting a firewood saw, I think something in the 50-60cc range would work. Finding one in her price range is going to take some work. Your 041 should not be a problem but we don't know the full extent of his abilities and his disabilities.

Any one else up for some fun on the 19th in Fort Scott?

Heads Up/ 3 cuts-
Classes 45cc & under- 10cc divisions all the way up for whatever shows- stock and Mod/ pipe if needed
Dollar races / 20+" cant-run what you brung!
plenty of wood to play in and lots of Big wood for the big boys-
We will be doing chainsaw carvings throughout the day as well

Our Ministry Carving for Christ is sponsoring this event plus we will also be doing a fund raiser for a local family who's son who was in a tragic ATV/SUV accident a couple of weeks ago. He attends school with a coule of my youngest girls. We may be doing chilli and dogs plus some stuff for the local kids. We should have a great spectator crowd and a lot of local participation. I will post more details as they are solidified.

Updated
Lumberjackchef+4
Cobey+1
AWOL +1
Hedgerow
Levi
Locust cutter+1
Sawnami
Mo Jim
Workshop+2
WKEND LUMBERJAK +?

Dang it, man! You're making it tough for me to decide. I was initially going to skip this one on account of the distance, but now....

Anniversary trip with saws. That could be interesting. I commend you on such an accomplishment, sir!

Back