Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On clearing passages - do you have an ultrasonic cleaner? I've had them work wonders.

On the local saw shop - do you care to elaborate? It must be something beyond the normal level of stupidity.
I'll throw the carb body in the USC... We'll hope for the best...
As far as the dealer, their lack of willingness to dig and find stuff... They either know very little, or just don't want to be bothered with requests for items that may not be on the shelf behind them... Honestly I'm sure it's the latter at this point...
The dealership is dying, and they are their own worst enemy...
Been in business since 1966... And it's a shame too, cause the original owner really knew his stuff... Now all I ever get is the jackass
on the other side of the counter.. All this over a request for a 9 pin rim... That don't exist by the way...:rolleyes:

Nice work! Are the crank threads going to be usable?

That sprocket looked like it still had some life in it. o_O Are you sure you're gonna change it? :)

Nope. All worn down from the washer slinging around. I'm thinking along the lines of a small set collar (shaft collar) with two set screws at 90 degrees.

If that don't work we'll reach for the wire feed welder..............................................

Hedge, I am blessed!
- Local saw/small engine shop, 6 miles away, who sells Jonsereds is knowledgeable & will bend over backwards to help as long as you don't tic him off.
- Stihl dealer in a town I drive through coming home from work is great.
- Last but not least, the small engine shop I got my Gravely ZTR from is also a Stihl dealer who has great folks working for them. This is a larger dealership & are always ordering parts so there is never shipping costs added for special orders. (They are 45 minutes away.)

So I have 3 great options.

It's for a neighbor... I figured on a rebuild kit anyway... But if the low side orifice had blockage, I've never had much luck clearing the passages...

I'll check what Jim mentioned, then proceed.. I'm thinking you may be right on the location of the impulse hole.. I will find out this evening.
I'm gonna order a rebuild kit...
I have washed my hands of the local saw shop for good as of this morning...
The owner finally reached my last nerve...

Good saw shops are a rarity.:(:(:(

Hedge, I am blessed!
- Local saw/small engine shop, 6 miles away, who sells Jonsereds is knowledgeable & will bend over backwards to help as long as you don't tic him off.
- Last but not least, the small engine shop I got my Gravely ZTR from is also a Stihl dealer who has great folks working for them. This is a larger dealership & are always ordering parts so there is never shipping costs added for special orders. (They are 45 minutes away.)

Lucky dog on the shipping.

We have four Stihl dealers in Joetown, maybe more. I gave up on one when they couldn't find a 3/8-7 rim sprocket in their inventory unless I had the part number or a model Stihl it fit. I know Jim passes by three of them on his way to the fourth to get parts. But, I don't 'do' Stihls ordinarily.

Hedge, I am blessed!

nothing here... oreilly has fuel line Chad has a few things too
all the dealers dont care

We have four Stihl dealers in Joetown, maybe more. I gave up on one when they couldn't find a 3/8-7 rim sprocket in their inventory unless I had the part number or a model Stihl it fit. I know Jim passes by three of them on his way to the fourth to get parts. But, I don't 'do' Stihls ordinarily.

As far as the dealer, their lack of willingness to dig and find stuff... They either know very little, or just don't want to be bothered with requests for items that may not be on the shelf behind them... Honestly I'm sure it's the latter at this point...
The dealership is dying, and they are their own worst enemy...
Been in business since 1966... And it's a shame too, cause the original owner really knew his stuff... Now all I ever get is the jackass
on the other side of the counter.. All this over a request for a 9 pin rim... That don't exist by the way...:rolleyes:

That sucks. My favorite shop is a 45 minute drive but worth it. Two brothers run the shop and their mother does the books, I think she gives 'em pointers from time to time. Good guys. They're both a little rough around the edges (one is missing an arm from a run in with a shotgun). They generally drink their lunch and both are divorced, but once they let you in the back of the shop you're in good shape. It took me over five years to get them to trust me and let me sift through their junk pile. Some of my best "junk" comes from them. The last time I was there I had helped them find some NOS parts for a Husky and they knew I was looking for a longer bar for a project. They sent me home with this bar:

GetAttachment (3).jpg

They wouldn't let me pay for it. I'm not sure how long it is, it's .063 gauge with a .404 tip and will need some dressing but still has a lot of life. It's at least a 32", but not over 34".

Okay, pictures from the latest pawn shop run. The first saw is a Poulan Farmhand. Initially looks pretty good:

GetAttachment (5).jpg

I figured I could at the very least use the filter and the plastic if the cylinder was toast. Upon closer inspection ...

GetAttachment (6).jpg GetAttachment (7).jpg GetAttachment (4).jpg

I haven't torn into it to know how bad the damage is. The chain turns when you pull the rope. Quality repairs if ever I've seen them. What the @#$%??? Who does this stuff?

Okay, pictures from the latest pawn shop run. The first saw is a Poulan Farmhand. Initially looks pretty good:

View attachment 359456

I figured I could at the very least use the filter and the plastic if the cylinder was toast. Upon closer inspection ...

View attachment 359457 View attachment 359458 View attachment 359459

I haven't torn into it to know how bad the damage is. The chain turns when you pull the rope. Quality repairs if ever I've seen them. What the @#$%??? Who does this stuff?
it looks like my 2800

how many cc's is the poulan?

46 or 48 cc. It's either a 2800 or 2900, not sure just yet. I really only bought it for the plastics and the air filter. Those air filters are "Unobtanium".

I assure you the 2800 you got from me is in Waaaaaaaaayyyyy better shape than this one. Pretty sure the Mac is 70 cc but haven't looked to make sure.

Back