Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the 2800 has a custom daul port muffler now.... neat little saw :)
on cold start it blows smoke both ports :) , it pulls a little harder at full RPM's two

how many cc's is the poulan?

46 or 48 cc. It's either a 2800 or 2900, not sure just yet.

Woooops!! Upon taking a closer look, it seems to be a 3300, which will be a 54 cc saw. Hmmmm, maybe I need to look a little closer or start wearing my glasses before I buy saws. I wonder what I overlooked at that shop...

Woooops!! Upon taking a closer look, it seems to be a 3300, which will be a 54 cc saw. Hmmmm, maybe I need to look a little closer or start wearing my glasses before I buy saws. I wonder what I overlooked at that shop...
I saw a 3300 a while back for $90 at a pawn shop.... would be woth it but I got's too many saws :)

Morning all! I'm kinda late on the dealers convo, but I have been less than pleased with the Stihl dealers close. Most don't carry hardly any parts on hand. You're lucky if you can get a fuel hose. There is a rental place about 35 minutes from my house that is pretty good. They don't keep many used parts, but are at least knowledgeable and keep most parts in stock. Just irritating when there are 4 Stihl dealers within 15 minutes of my house.....:rantoff:

The Echo dealer I work at is pretty good about keeping parts, but they don't keep many used parts on hand either. They really don't have much room. The whole shop is area is about the size of my garage at home.

Morning all! I'm kinda late on the dealers convo, but I have been less than pleased with the Stihl dealers close. Most don't carry hardly any parts on hand. You're lucky if you can get a fuel hose. There is a rental place about 35 minutes from my house that is pretty good. They don't keep many used parts, but are at least knowledgeable and keep most parts in stock. Just irritating when there are 4 Stihl dealers within 15 minutes of my house.....:rantoff:

The Echo dealer I work at is pretty good about keeping parts, but they don't keep many used parts on hand either. They really don't have much room. The whole shop is area is about the size of my garage at home.
Morning Brandon, good to see checking in, one question though, how did get from Aberdeen to Liberty?

There are fewer and fewer of the "Old School" shops around. If you go to some of the newer shops to get a chain you need the brand, model, color, series, serial number, number of times the saw is used in a month and a permission slip. When you say "It's a 72 dl, .050 with .325 pitch and I want full chisel" they sort of look at you like you just spoke Swahili.

Morning all, beautiful day on tap, hope I can find my go gear and get some past due jobs done today. Marc I have a mac 700 nos thats never been fueled, have to get Carl to take some pictures. Have a safe one, later Jim

Seems like a strong saw. Might be a tad heavy but not too bad.

On a side note, I found an electric clutch for the old Craftsman Garden Tractor. It was also from the boneyard at my favorite shop. The wires are broken off at the metal case so I'll have to take it apart and repair them but the price was right -- FREE!!!

DD

Morning all, beautiful day on tap, hope I can find my go gear and get some past due jobs done today. Marc I have a mac 700 nos thats never been fueled, have to get Carl to take some pictures. Have a safe one, later Jim

Holy cow..................

'Bout time to give you a check ride with my Iphone 4 and its picture taking capabilities. Barb is sick in bed and I have two grandkids to watch.

Not going anywhere today.

Latest posts

Back