Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found out that my cousin and his family from over in Chanute had a tragedy of a new years eve yesterday. their 16 year old daughter had a bloodclot that caused her to be rushed into surgery where they worked for hours unsuccessfully to save her. Totally unexpected, blindsided by this, I ask simply for your thoughts and prayers for them as they start this challenging new year. Having just lost my 25 year old SIL last July , My heart has been up in my throat, as I know first hand that it can be very hard to make sense of these things. So friends just let it be known that my resolution for the year is to seek the Lords will rather than mine own, never let the little moments slip by being concerned about my own wants and frivolous desires, to be forgiving and gracious to all who pass me by, and to take it all in as it comes, savouring every little hug and kiss, smile and tear, for he alone knows the day and the hour when we all will be called home to glory. So pray hard, forgive always, love long, and you will be Blessed this year my friends!

Furnace fan motor crapped its shorts again. No new motor likely till Monday.

Barbara will get cold enuff by tomorrow afternoon I can light a fire.[emoji48]

Be sure the chimney is clean

And, the blind squirrel found a stray nut on New Years Eve.
View attachment 475094

Don't get too awful excited as the above is in cents not dollars.[emoji848]

Thats still 729.00

Oh Get up Its 2016.

Prayers have been sent to provide the family strength during this trying time.

Your resolution is one that fits all of us. I will do my best to follow your lead.

That my friend was a tough read for this New Years morning, but not ours to question.

Good day to all!

Found out that my cousin and his family from over in Chanute had a tragedy of a new years eve yesterday. their 16 year old daughter had a bloodclot that caused her to be rushed into surgery where they worked for hours unsuccessfully to save her. Totally unexpected, blindsided by this, I ask simply for your thoughts and prayers for them as they start this challenging new year. Having just lost my 25 year old SIL last July , My heart has been up in my throat, as I know first hand that it can be very hard to make sense of these things. So friends just let it be known that my resolution for the year is to seek the Lords will rather than mine own, never let the little moments slip by being concerned about my own wants and frivolous desires, to be forgiving and gracious to all who pass me by, and to take it all in as it comes, savouring every little hug and kiss, smile and tear, for he alone knows the day and the hour when we all will be called home to glory. So pray hard, forgive always, love long, and you will be Blessed this year my friends!

We'll be thinking of your family. Very sad, indeed. You're right, we have to live to the fullest of our potential because tomorrow is never promised.

Be sure the chimney is clean

Thats still 729.00

Oh Get up Its 2016.

True story:
We had been in our new house only seven years when Barbara was determined to have a former neighbor clean the chimney. Imagine a man working alone on a tall ladder to remove and install a 150# chimney cover and after he rodded it out to find less than a handful of dust on the hearth.

I bet we didn't have twenty days of burn time total.

I could not convince her that it couldn't possibly need cleaning yet.

I doubt it has twenty days on it since.

Only worry is wasp nests as we have a screen all the way around the open area.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451662210.939280.jpg

Not sure yet..
Brother in law just brought his splitter over for the same reason..
Of course he had been storing it in a field..
Made a mess on the shop floor of course.. Lol.

Latest posts

Back