Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My splitter died yesterday. A nipple that screws into the return side of the ram split. Bad thing is that I'll have to disassemble everything, from the engine to the ram, to fix it. There are no unions anywhere.
So, I've been thinking now is the time to do some modifications to it. Install hydraulic filters, move the valve to a better location, maybe put in a fluid cooler and a little bigger engine. Maybe a proper hydraulic lift. It will take time. Good thing I got a Fiskars for Christmas.

My splitter died yesterday. A nipple that screws into the return side of the ram split. Bad thing is that I'll have to disassemble everything, from the engine to the ram, to fix it. There are no unions anywhere.
So, I've been thinking now is the time to do some modifications to it. Install hydraulic filters, move the valve to a better location, maybe put in a fluid cooler and a little bigger engine. Maybe a proper hydraulic lift. It will take time. Good thing I got a Fiskars for Christmas.
That will be a good project for today.

Had to carve my granddaughter a little bear for her second birthday, her bub got one on his second birthday,. She approved! When Grandma brought it in ,from hiding on the porch, at present time she dropped everything and snatched it up and carried it around the house for half an hour. lol!
a966be2ba4c5b01bd6aafec98628d797.jpg

When I got home last night I fired up the wood stove and continued my pilgrimage through the sorting of my mountains in the shop. Struck gold finally.....found all the new parts and missing muffler to my beater of a 394 that I did some trading for last year. I new they were in there somewhere. Found the muffler in a box with a junkyard 880 that Rick Tucker had picked up, no telling how it got in that box!
75f6c04e7b5a7aa21fd891f402917666.jpg
just have to find an air filter and a new filter cover and she will be back on the road. 8 pulls popped it, stared on the next pull, been sitting at least 10 months.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Steve, come get mine. You know where I live. :)

Sent from my SM-N910V

Pretty good, Steve. How'd you like the course?
It was good. Basic safety and handling course to familiarize one with a handgun. At the end we fired 50 rounds each at two targets at two distances. I would recommend it. Gives you a run through of how the range operates too. They rent guns so you can see what is a fit for you before you buy. You can shoot all the guns in one caliber for a single rental fee.

Sent from my SM-N910V

It was good. Basic safety and handling course to familiarize one with a handgun. At the end we fired 50 rounds each at two targets at two distances. I would recommend it. Gives you a run through of how the range operates too. They rent guns so you can see what is a fit for you before you buy. You can shoot all the guns in one caliber for a single rental fee.

Sent from my SM-N910V

Son and I went over there this afternoon to look things over. Very nice place, I liked it a lot. Going back this next weekend to sign up for the next course they have open. Late February.

I spent many years in Norfolk/Virginia Beach. You'll love it if you've never been.....except for maybe the traffic. I did one shore tour, and three sea tours there. Last time I was there, I couldn't believe the growth since when I moved up north. My son still lives there.
It's not bad. I've spent almost 1.75 years there now between different TDYs... The traffic can suck at times and U-turns everywhere is a bit weird, but I like all of the Historical sites out there and of course the ocean. I like the beaches of S. Florida, Hawaii and South Texas a lot better than VA Beach though...

Back