Old wood cutter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wood man

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Nice to read about forestry and saws, and why I joined. I am in the UK, North of Scotland, a little place compared to say the US.
I see loads of help and posts to aid me in repairs and working though things.
I read though repairs on Husky's and Stihl's and was able to fix a few saws simply by reading this forums posts.
Hoping to learn a bit more along the way. Clearfell on softwoods, forestry commision and private forests was my way of life for a while. Hardwoods were not my area of life, but i do use them for firewood.

On the A832?
Without giving too much away and opening me up to the internet, hello Buzz and yes on the A832 and I use the A82 a lot these days also, and the A9 of course.

We have two lanes past and through the valley now.
As in my younger days it was single track with passing places, and anyone younger than me wlill never have known this.

I moved around all over the North and South, and still do, and was told about this site while visiting a farmer friend in Spalding.

Here is a pic of Achanalt and the hills around, going over to Strathconon estate to the left and over to Achnasheen on the right, when we used to get snow and one of Ben Wyvis

007_l.jpg016_l.jpg

Back