Older Stihl 064

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esq1997

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Good afternoon-

I recently acquired an older Stihl 064 and have an issue with the fuel cap. It appears that the sealing ring is failing. I’ve looked high and dry and cannot seem to find a sealing ring that fits this model. Local Stihl dealers are not helpful. Was told that the ring for the MS660 might work. Does anyone know where I can purchase the sealing ring for the fuel and oil caps?

Thanks.

might try finding a small crossection "O" that will stand up to current fuel you are using. Anyway that is my trick for that type of problem. other than that a qick search on the net showed all kinds of sources for that fuel cap.

Good afternoon-

I recently acquired an older Stihl 064 and have an issue with the fuel cap. It appears that the sealing ring is failing. I’ve looked high and dry and cannot seem to find a sealing ring that fits this model. Local Stihl dealers are not helpful. Was told that the ring for the MS660 might work. Does anyone know where I can purchase the sealing ring for the fuel and oil caps?

Thanks.
older 066/660 saws had the same fuel and oil caps, handle bars too for that matter, so just lie to the dealer and tell em you have an 066 that needs a fuel cap.
When it comes to older equipment anymore, you pretty much have to do your own research, get part numbers, cross referance etc, the parts monkeys can't be arsed to look stuff up anymore.

older 066/660 saws had the same fuel and oil caps, handle bars too for that matter, so just lie to the dealer and tell em you have an 066 that needs a fuel cap.
When it comes to older equipment anymore, you pretty much have to do your own research, get part numbers, cross referance etc, the parts monkeys can't be arsed to look stuff up anymore.

I went to the local NAPA, idgit millenial parts monkey didn't know what a set of points were......

If you find the o ring at a hardware store, great.
If you end up just buying a new cap, I strongly encourage you to just buy the real one from a dealer. Avoid those Chinese fuel and oil caps from Amazon or wherever.

Not positive, but aren’t most of the pre-flippy fuel caps the same? Like a fuel cap from an 026/034/044 or whatever will fit?

There are 2 versions of the screw in caps. The flat one and the one that sits up higher. They are interchangeable here in the shop. The parts for the flat cap are nla, but it seems I remember using the seal from the newer cap on it.

Latest posts

Back