Older Stihl Saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pygmydog1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello! can anyone tell me how old a 032 AV & a 028 AV Super are, found them at the curb on garbage day with no chains, brought them home put gas in and they both started up and ran with the choke on to my surprise, seam to have plent of compression.

Later

Hello! can anyone tell me how old a 032 AV & a 028 AV Super are, found them at the curb on garbage day with no chains, brought them home put gas in and they both started up and ran with the choke on to my surprise, seam to have plent of compression.

Later

Nice find. Both very cool saws. The 028S in particular is near and dear to my heart. :clap: :clap:

I pulled the plugs and did a compression test, the 032 has 175psi and th 028 has 160psi. Are the cab kits the same for both saws? it look's that way on ebay

Later

Let the experts correct me, but I believe the 028 came with different carbs, even from different makers, over its lifespan. So the best thing would be to pull the carbs in question and identify them before ordering a kit.

If you look on Ebay, the Tillotson HU-40 was commonly used in 028's. But I just took apart an 028 with a Walbro WT-16 in it.

According to an old thread:

The early 028av were 42mm with Tillotson carb, the 028wb was bumped up to 44mm, most with Walbro. The 028 Super were bumped again to 46mm, no Tilotson.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showpost.php?p=1153464&postcount=13

I just rebuilt the Walbro WT16 in my 028 Super. So yep... Wally carb.

Gary

Just once won't hurt ...

You're so screwed.....the first hit is always free. :biggrinbounce2:

C'mon, everyone does it. Just once won't hurt. If you don't like it, you never have to do it again. If you don't do it, all your friends will laugh at you. It'll make you feeeeeeeeeeeeel goooooooooooood.

Last edited:
Back