oleo-mac 947 (olympic 45cc) not oiling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpiralAcacia

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Noticed chain wasn't getting much oil... Cleaned the groove, oiling holes, everything under the brake cover, inc. under the plate protecting the oiling hose. Turned adj. screw to max.

Oil comes out fine w/o bar&chain on... Still hardly any oil getting to the chain while working. Chain gets dull faaaast....

Any idea appreciated.

Thanks.

The oil hole in your bar is plugged. Clean the groove (where the chain rides) with a stiff wire brush, then blow out with compressed air if you have access to an air compressor...if not, no big deal. Be sure to clean from tip to tail. Once you have the groove cleaned, clean the oil hole with a piece of wire, or an awl.

Better now

Well cleaned it again, extra care given to them oiling holes, and behold!
It does oil, if not as much as I'd like, enough for work.
Finally got to cutting the 18" euc logs, i'll split them tomorrow.

Thanks !!

Not sure if yours is the same as my 950 but if it is, turn it over and there is a plastic "screw" looking thing in the bottom. This is the filter for your bar oil and it could have crud and sludge keeping it from putting out as much as you need. I cleaned mine and had to turn the adjuster way down.

good luck

Latest posts

Back