Olympyk 980 & 970

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtor72

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have been given the great opportunity to help out an older friend of mine by running his small engine shop while he is in the hospital.
I have been fixing up saws that he could no longer work on due to his failing eyesight.
Two of them are Olympyks, one is a 980 and the other is a 970.
I do know one is 81cc and the other is 71cc.
I can't find any comparables on fleabay to know what these might be worth if I were to sell them.
He gave me a price that he wants to get for them and I think he is way too high on the price.
Both are good runners and have new bars and chains now.
Any opinions on what they might be worth?
thanks for any input you might provide me about these saws. Mike

They are good, pro-quality saws, however, they are not well known so few people will bid on them.

I bought my used 980 on ebay for about $250 delivered.

I'll second that. For the right person, a NICE lightly used 980 with a new bar (24"+) and chain may bring $400 or so. $250 would be a great deal. You don't see many used saws, and new 181's - they replaced the 981, which replaced the 980 - are selling for $750-800.

The 970 may bring $250 or so...durable as heck, but a pretty big saw for only 71cc...same size and weight of the 980. eBay is a crazy place - I have seen saws go for way more and way less than I had anticipated.

thanks for the opinions about the saws, thats about what i figured they were worth also.
he thinks they are worth way more.....like $500 each....
I won't put them on ebay with that kind of reserve, i'll end up eating the listing fee's......lol
thanks again. Mike

Latest posts

Back