Olympyk, Olympic, Oleo Mac, Emak, Efco, Blitz, Folux, Spartan, Spartacus thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Olympic 251

Sorry guys but the Search Function is caput. What's your thoughts on the 251. It is I believe 49cc's, similar to the Jonsereds 49sp and the Poulan 3000. Comparable?
Bob

meant to say also that i believe the 251 is a points type ignition, same as my early 252. if the saw is a runner i'd snag it. parts saws are sometimes available; when you see one though ya better score it before one of us oly fans do.

Yes, the 251 is a points ignition.

Mine was a slug when I first got it, the governor was kicking in too early (spring & ball bearing type) since I've disabled it It's a brute for sure.
Parts are hard to come by but I have a 999 cut off powerhead for spares.

Mine was a slug when I first got it, the governor was kicking in too early (spring & ball bearing type) since I've disabled it It's a brute for sure.
Parts are hard to come by but I have a 999 cut off powerhead for spares.
Hey Gmax! Do you know anything about Stanley branded cut off saws. I was at an estate sale and one was there. I was with some people and we were on motorcycles so I didn't get a good look at it cause of course the rest of the group was in a hurry. It looked similar to my 999 in blue. I was wondering if it was a relabled Oly cut off saw.

Hey Gmax! Do you know anything about Stanley branded cut off saws. I was at an estate sale and one was there. I was with some people and we were on motorcycles so I didn't get a good look at it cause of course the rest of the group was in a hurry. It looked similar to my 999 in blue. I was wondering if it was a relabled Oly cut off saw.

I don't, but I did a google search, the Stanley one here sure looks like a Oly 999
http://www.directindustry.com/prod/...-powered-hand-cut-off-saws-22235-1094081.html

That one does look like a 999. That's the first I've seen one. My google search turned up nothing when I looked. The one that I saw for sale was much older and less modern looking than the one in your link.Plus it was a lite blue color. I will have to keep an eye out for another one.

Is there a way to deternine Oly models by the serial number or some othe rmethod?Everyone I see has the stickers beat off.And which one of you pickers sniped the 264f off me on Ebay the other night?Guess that's what I get for going to work.

Is there a way to deternine Oly models by the serial number or some othe rmethod?Everyone I see has the stickers beat off.And which one of you pickers sniped the 264f off me on Ebay the other night?Guess that's what I get for going to work.
I didn't snipe you out of that saw but I was watching that one. That guy got a nice deal on it. What part of Western Pa. are you from? Do you look at CL? Theres a nice Italian model on there that I'm surprised has been there that long.

Not a clue about the serial numbers on the saws myself. I redid a saw out of parts that I was totally wrong on the model the whole time I was messing with it. I was going off the recoil sticker that I later found out was from the wrong saw.

Back