Olympyk, Olympic, Oleo Mac, Emak, Efco, Blitz, Folux, Spartan, Spartacus thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a chance to get back to the cottage. As far as I can see the chain is not rubbing, but it looks like the chain brake band maybe. It didn't rub last year. So I don't know why it would suddenly start to rub. Yes the brake is off.
Sometimes just leaving thing alone and the chainsaw fairies will work their magic! The JD CS- 56 is working just fine now.

Also a Homelite 35SL that had me in fits just needed more gas in the tank. Somewhere I remember reading that you should never try to tune a saw with less than 1/2 a tank of fuel on board. well seems true!

Got an Oly264 here that Im trying to get running. Bore and piston looks good and it fires up when fuel is squirted into the carb throat.

But as far as the design goes, does anyone know what the purpose of the white plastic fuel tank is? It kind of reminds me of the vapor separator connected to the fuel tank of my car. Ive turned it up 90 degrees in the photo, to show the outlets and how they connect to various hoses.

Hose A is directly above the gas tank, so I assume thats where it comes from. I cant see where hoses B & C go to though. Anyone know how it all works? Ive looked inside the fuel tank but can only see the main fuel line.

Attachments

• 264_1.jpg
    264_1.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 14
Got an Oly264 here that Im trying to get running. Bore and piston looks good and it fires up when fuel is squirted into the carb throat.

But as far as the design goes, does anyone know what the purpose of the white plastic fuel tank is? It kind of reminds me of the vapor separator connected to the fuel tank of my car. Ive turned it up 90 degrees in the photo, to show the outlets and how they connect to various hoses.

Hose A is directly above the gas tank, so I assume thats where it comes from. I cant see where hoses B & C go to though. Anyone know how it all works? Ive looked inside the fuel tank but can only see the main fuel line.

Here's a link for a pretty complete list of IPL's. Page 9 of the 264 IPL shows that part, and a "breather" assembly.

http://www.efcopower.com/resources/data-sheets

Hopefully this helps.

thanks , Actually its on Page 5. It's considered part of the crankcase system, so it must be a crankcase breather, re routes vapours from the crankcase (C) back into the fuel tank ( A)? so then B would only make sense if it was going back into the carb? I'll have to have a closer look when the carb comes off.

Ive also got a badly busted rubber on the handlebar mount. Can these still be obtained/substituted?

That white breather was put on to help cool down the gas in hot weather. The 264f without that little tank was a hot runner and boiled gas in hot weather.

Back