One 064 ignition qustion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobblestone Construction

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out my ignition coil for this 064. The flywheel is a Stihl 1122 400 1201a. It has one key way.

Existing module is a Bosch 2 204 222 108 . It also has 743 stamped on it. It has two mounting holes, however the saw case appears to have three?

Any idea what coil I need and where to go to get it?

Thanks in advance for answering another ignition question!!

Chuc

Does your saw not have spark? or are you just worried about the extra mounting hole?
Not all coils needed the 3rd hole. I don't believe all the cases had it either.
The 0000 400 1300 universal ignition will work with that flywheel and is very common so shouldn't be hard to acquire.

Where are the three holes located? Some cases had two holes close to the flywheel and the third took the screw for the ground. Other cases had a single hole near the flywheel and two holes that could be used to mount the ground. These two holes correspond your bosch type coil and newer coils (other hole) that fit many stihl saws and will accept the universal coil.

Got a picture of the case?

1201 means you can use the universal coil 0000 400 1300 or the 1122 400 1300 coils

The universal coil will only work if it has the extra mounting hole in the case, the 1122 400 1300 coil has a different bolt pattern than the universal coil.

I just just got done researching this for an early 064 that does not have both mounting holes. Wigglesworth has adapted early 046 "dogleg"coils to these early 064s

Where are the three holes located? Some cases had two holes close to the flywheel and the third took the screw for the ground. Other cases had a single hole near the flywheel and two holes that could be used to mount the ground. These two holes correspond your bosch type coil and newer coils (other hole) that fit many stihl saws and will accept the universal coil.

Here is picture of case

Buy the one MadProf mentioned. Good luck finding it. Scour ebay every day till one pops up.

And his post mentions he has crankcase has all 3 holes...

It can have three holes, with two away from the flywheel that , one or the other will take both style coils.

The case can also have the third hole/boss down low near the flywheel to take the dogleg coil, in this case the hole/boss away from the coil in the middle only fits the dogleg coil or the two hole coils that differ in bolt pattern from the universal pattern.

image-jpg.396008

does this pic help?
image-jpg.396008

That is exactly like mine, an early 064. Should be pre-ser# X 18 761 250

Will take the dogleg coil 3 hole coil or the 2 hole coil with the odd bolt pattern stihl # 1122 400 1300 (bosch E1-V, marked 2 204 222108. Also has the numbers 842 separate from the above numbers on it.).

Look for the bosch coil or a dogleg, the bosch doglegs are reported to work fine. Wigglesworth has done the 046 dogleg swap and reports it works well.

I am in search of the same type coil(s), let me know if you find a stash. Good luck.

Attachments

• 064 and 066 ignitions.pdf
    303.3 KB · Views: 19
Back