One Born Every Minute.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm, what the hell is 120#?? If thats 'psi' me thinks it needs some tlc yes?

:cheers:

Serge

I think it is an ancient biblical measure, Stone/square span, or "sss" for short......:) as in the sound of air hissing past the worn/scored P/C.........

Actually that wood roughly correspond to psi, oddly enough. 1 stone is about 14 lbs., and a span of a small hand could be 3.75" which squares to 14.0xxx.

That and two dollars will get me a cuppa coffee at most places.........:greenchainsaw:

And if it's the wrong style gauge, the number might be even worse? Kind of a broad statement, eh?
:)

Not likely. The wrong style gauge will read lower, not higher.

Here's my thinking. He took it to the shop and they told him the compression was fine. They probably weren't using the right gauge. If the compression were not good, then they surely would have said so. If they did say so and he is lying, he wouldn't have posted the low compression numbers. This is almost certainly a case of the wrong compression reading, especially given that the saw looks ok otherwise and he claims it runs well and starts on the first pull.

Last edited:

Here's my thinking. He took it to the shop and they told him the compression was fine. They probably weren't using the right gauge. If the compression were not good, then they surely would have said so. If they did say so and he is lying, he wouldn't have posted the low compression numbers. This is almost certainly a case of the wrong compression reading, especially given that the saw looks ok otherwise and he claims it runs well and starts on the first pull.

I understand, I was just pulling your chain a little.

Sounds likely, but you can't be sure.....

Back