One Load

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Dan, I don't know what the prize is but you gotta cough it up, Mines bigger. I actually rolled this puppy about twenty five yards on one wheel. Thought i was gonna die before i got there though.lol :greenchainsaw:

chainsaws149-1.jpg

chainsaws150.jpg

That looks like a weineer but how bout a measurement? :popcorn:

I never post here, mostly just a lurker...but i've gotta say that this is the funniest damned threat...laughed out loud reading this, showed my wife, she looks at me all crooked and says "what's wrong with you men?" Priceless!

Ok Dan, I don't know what the prize is but you gotta cough it up, Mines bigger. I actually rolled this puppy about twenty five yards on one wheel. Thought i was gonna die before i got there though.lol :greenchainsaw:

chainsaws149-1.jpg

chainsaws150.jpg

Oh yeah, you got it so far. The prize? A sore back, its all yours, you earned it, enjoy.
I have to tighten the bolts on my barrow before my next attempt at the title. I wheeled mine about 100 yards, it was down slope but it was uneven ground and icy. When I first picked up the handles and started to make my way I got about a foot and was stopped dead by a little piece of wood under the wheel, happens every time just like that.
What's even more funny is that I stole that barrow from Max Burton, well actually he just left it and ran, he made a wise choice.

big load

good pics. but if any one that has pushed a wheelbarrow load of wood can tell you that wood won,t stay on.
build a frame out of 1 in. by 1/8 thick angle iron that you just lay in the bottom of the tub and extends up the front ,and up the back at an angle so you can put your chest against it when you are pushing it. that is what i use

attachment.php

Thought I'd post an entry. And I am rockin the same ride as TMDan (homeowners mod. 20$ plus new wheel at Goodwill). 48 plus 14 = 62"

attachment.php

Thought I'd post an entry. And I am rockin the same ride as TMDan (homeowners mod. 20$ plus new wheel at Goodwill). 48 plus 14 = 62"

Some of these look like the "lazy man loads" my dad warned me about when I'd pile up too much to cut down on the number of trips. But if you are able to haul those barrowfulls without a spill, you're better men than I.

Discalimer: the route into my woodbarn is up a ramp, then over a 2x6 that carries the barn door runner. Anything much over half of the loads you are showing would result in a toppled hand truck followed by swearing.

I'm a bit late but I didn't need to bring in any wood until today. This is my rig loaded and the resulting stack. It measures 3.5 x 3.5 x 16" = 18.375 cubic feet or 1/7th of a cord (before you say it I rounded up from 6.96598 blah blah blah.) since it slopes I measured the width in the middle. I, of course, didn't weigh it, but if a cord of seasoned oak weighs 2,800 lbs, this is about 400 lbs of wood. I only have to push it about 40ft or so but the hard part is the plywood ramp up 4 steps to get it on the patio. As long as I get lined up with the doors it's not a problem. When I'm off it sucks real bad. I haven't lost a load yet though.

I'm a bit late but I didn't need to bring in any wood until today. This is my rig loaded and the resulting stack. It measures 3.5 x 3.5 x 16" = 18.375 cubic feet or 1/7th of a cord (before you say it I rounded up from 6.96598 blah blah blah.) since it slopes I measured the width in the middle. I, of course, didn't weigh it, but if a cord of seasoned oak weighs 2,800 lbs, this is about 400 lbs of wood. I only have to push it about 40ft or so but the hard part is the plywood ramp up 4 steps to get it on the patio. As long as I get lined up with the doors it's not a problem. When I'm off it sucks real bad. I haven't lost a load yet though.

Man I have an old wheel barrow that the tub is shot on. I was going to throw it away but you just gave my an idea. Thanks

Back