One-man 2-stroke parade

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edisto

Spelling/Reality Check
Reaction score
I really shouldn't start this without having any pics. Even though I hate having my picture taken, if i could have found someone with a camera, I'd have done it.

Last year I bought a 50cc Piaggio scooter because it was a 2-stroke, and it was a heck of a deal. It's fun to ride (when your friends aren't looking), and at 65 mpg, I've been riding it more and more frequently, even though I commute 25 miles. I've put over 7000 miles on it in the past year.

The old saws are piling up, and I'm not getting much done on any of them, including a Comango from GM_DaddyMac, some P28s from ModifiedMark, and a 600D. I've also been getting a bunch of little saws given to me...so I decided to limit any further purchases to 5 cubes or larger. Now that a 600D, a Mac 380, a Mall 2MG and a Clinton D-35 have been added to the pile, I made another rule not to buy any more saws, until I get a few of the others running.

Broke both rules yesterday.

I volunteer at the Habitat for Humanity Restore in town, and someone dropped off a decent looking Sears (Bradley) 917.60051. It's the AH-47, so only 77 cc. They were going to let me have it, because it wouldn't sell, so I gave them $10 for it, rather than see it go into the scrap metal pile. The problem was, I was on the scooter.

I tied the bar across the footrest, and tied the powerhead on top of that, which stuck out because the gear drive makes the Powerhead pretty long. There was no room for my feet, so I used the ends of the bar as foot pegs.

Like I said...I wish I had a pic to show you, because I'm guessing it looked pretty comical.

That sounds friggin hilarious!!! Something Peter would do... :D

(Family Guy for those that don't know what I'm talking about)

Back