One of those days

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Actually started yesterday when the coffee pot died - fortunately _after_ brewing the first pot. Then the washing machine decided to vomit all thewater onto the floor in the afternnoon.

This Morning all 'eager beaver' hit the Pickup and headed out to fall the last locust at the current site:

repp3.jpg

The second one on the fence row. The little on to it's left almost dead center in the picture is already gone.e Figured I would rig to pull it to diagonally away to the left. Hah! Time I got the ladder set up I could see that that tree does not go almost straight up, it leans toward the fiel and even worse the top hamper is weighted that way. With a good tractor I could do it but not even close with a 2x PU.

Okay cancel that...let's go start on the next site. Just off the highway down a half mile dirt track, looks dry, start in, low spot looks dry OOPS! Barely managed to chew my way to solid ground across it and am now on a narrow track and will have to really work toget turned around. Also realized that the Cell Phone is on the charger back at the house!! At least got a shot at the site:

Teade1.jpg

I can only take what is down. I couild see 2, he says there are 4 - look to be good sized. Very obvious that I can't do anything there due to wet ground and it will be a while before it gets dry enough.

Found a bit wider spot on the track and back and forthed 4 times to turn around. Back through the wet, low spot at about 40 in 3rd, mud on windshield and clost to sideways once but made it.

Okay, back to the house and try to figure out what the strange vibration is in the PU. I noticed it as I left the house, even stopped a 1/4 mile up the road to check for a flat tire. Much like those tires back in the late 50s that would 'flat spot' sitting over night. This not only didn't go away it got worse. Checked lug nuts when home - nope, all tight.

Okay that leaves tire and drive line. Off to the tire shop in the morning but my bet is on either a carrier bearing or U-joints. I hadn't noticed anything on the last trip with it but came back with a heavy load squatting down in the rear.

So that made a fine end to the day and it was on 8:30

1 busted coffeepot
1 busted washer
1 busted PU.

Got to contact my next "customer" and see about access. Hadn't figured to start there for at least another month.

Harry K

? sounds like a fun time?? lol fighting nature is like fighting to many beers at one setting hey! you want to win but only know its a lost battle !! one lost to nature and the other lost to natures calling .... tomorrow might be better harry? press on brother!

Harry,

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. Our water heater gave up the ghost yesterday. I was planning to work on it today but I've come down with a very nasty cold. My head's all stopped up.

The washer, it's probably something simple. But no coffee pot?? Man, that's gotta be against the Geneva Convention. :eek:

I'd almost have to admit "there is a God" at this point. It was a 'tire seperation'. It was so bad going the 4 miles to town that I didn't think I would make it. Guy took one quick look and spotted it. I had them pull the studs out of the spare and use it. total cost $24.and the beast is back home rareing to go again.

Go out an kill that cottonwood next week it looks like - bad weather on/off all week now. I thought that cottonwood was dead but it was pretty much leafed out yesterday.

Harry K

Yeah, in the past year I have lost the washer, dryer, skylight/roof, shed roof, water softner, waterline broke this weekend and now sounds like the compressor on the fridge is going.

But I try to look at the bright side, not much left to break. :msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back