One Tough Logger

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roy M

Roy M

ArboristSite Operative
I had a call from a dealer looking for 11H chain for a two man saw. I am a nut for vintage saws so asked what his customer had figuring a restoration project. Sez this guy is putting a full shift with a Disston and is not the type to mess with in a bar.:jawdrop: All I could say was WOW.

Bill G

Bill G

ArboristSite King
What, there is no one out there running saws like that in a production setting any more.............

Well I have to say that post makes no real sense.:confused:
At what point was production ever mentioned without humor?

You say ''Sure mabe some 075s and 125s... "

Once again what are you talking about???????????????

In any event back to the topic yes the ole Disston KB 7 saw will run 11h chain. They came with 3/4 full chisel, That is what I run,

The problem is many were .074 I am not lucky emough to have .122

Bill

sawbones

sawbones

Addicted to ArboristSite
What, there is no one out there running saws like that in a production setting any more.

Sure mabe some 075s and 125s... but not a disston

I hear that, I can only get about a cord cut up before I have to park this beast. :jester:

"The older I get, The tougher I was"

petesawyerstewart014-1.jpg

RandyMac

RandyMac

Stiff Member
It does sound unlikely, but possible, old pickups are used everyday, why not a vintage chainsaw? On my first falling job I used a Terrill CS-7 that belonged to my GranDad, he confiscated my new 050 saying it was bad luck to start your first job with a new saw. The old goat used it for two weeks before he let have it back.

Saw Dr.

Saw Dr.

Junk Collector
It does sound unlikely, but possible, old pickups are used everyday, why not a vintage chainsaw? On my first falling job I used a Terrill CS-7 that belonged to my GranDad, he confiscated my new 050 saying it was bad luck to start your first job with a new saw. The old goat used it for two weeks before he let have it back.

Is that the same 050 you mention throwing off a hill in another thread?

RVALUE

RVALUE

Addicted to ArboristSite
From the sound of it, it seems these loggers fit with a concept we had at our truckstop:

Two rules: Never mess with anyone that has to duck to go thru the door.

Latest posts