Only real men need apply

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djauto

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Some ancient big boys from the Deming Log Show grounds.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Probably not many people around that have run any of these.

Brian

What is the yellow monster there? Is is a Lancaster? If so do you know what model? I have a Lancaster 318 in good working cond. I ran it at the Ohio gtg for fun. You can really sink the dogs and pry on the downcut. The upcut sucks with that heavy monster. Operating rpm is 4,000. Love to see old machines run. Saws, tractors, cars. Got a chance to sit in and run a Model A Ford this year(but not drive).

Some ancient big boys from the Deming Log Show grounds.

Probably not many people around that have run any of these.

Brian

........I'm thinking there was a reason those early loggers had a lifespan of aproximately 40-50 years old................

Other thoughts: Ruptured disc, Rotator cuff surgery, chainsaw elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome........

BEAUTIFUL OLD SAWS THOUGH!

Picture second from the top is a titan on the left and a david bradley on the right on the far side of the log. Close side is a mercury/disston (I think) on right and maybe a lombard on the right. The yellow mac is a model 73 120cc gear drive. I have one that runs strong and will pull whatever bar you want.

Last edited:
........I'm thinking there was a reason those early loggers had a lifespan of aproximately 40-50 years old................

Other thoughts: Ruptured disc, Rotator cuff surgery, chainsaw elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome........

BEAUTIFUL OLD SAWS THOUGH!

Hey, you forgot White Finger!!! Not to mention a complete lack of anti-kickback mechanisms.:monkey:

PLEASE tell me those don't sit out in the weather like that all the time! I'd love to see one of those dragsaws running sometime.

Last time I ran a drag saw was 1953. Dad's old one that was just about wore out. Started helping him with it in 1942 or 3 thereabouts. Nice thing about them is you had time to split and load the previous round while it was eating its way down through the next one. Manhandlign them around was not a problem. I could do it at about 12 yoa including loading it onto a wagon.

Also had time on both ends of a Mac like the one in the picture but not sure of the exact model.

Harry K

Back