Oooohhhhhhh, the weather ouside is......?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponyexpress976

nipple fritters
Reaction score
Yup, been snowing here since before 8am. Started with the big fat flakes that get you instantly wet. Two hours later and the flakes are getting smaller and it looks like it's falling faster. The grass has about an inch of snow. Not sticking to the roads at all....yet. Boy am I glad I got all the racks at the house filled up yesterday. Gator is backed into the garage with a bed full of splits.

Just sitting out in the sun room with a cup of coffee watching the birds go nuts at the feeder. Sure is a warm fuzzy feeling when you know you prepared.

Raining as usual here. I had to laugh as i just Tossed another 15 pound chunk of red oak heartwood into the stove. I could clearly see the mark that my wedge had made in the wood& bounced out before i had just chopped it into stove sized chunks with the MS390.:D. I learned a long time ago that an efficient maul splitter never engages in a wedge fight with firewood. You just saw up the unsplittable stuff.

It is snowing to beat the band.

BTW, what does that really mean? "Beat the Band?"

attachment.php

just starting to snow here . I agree it is a good feeling when you know there is s good supply of wood ready to go . I kinda have it easy I have a big OWB I can burn any type of wood .

We had a mini hail storm for a couple of minutes yesterday but nothing other than that. Hail was half the size of a ladybug and came down furiously, covered the ground, and then quit and melted away. Weird :dizzy:

Just started snowing here in Orange County NY, was out this morning putting tarps on the rest of my stacks, loading garage with wood and gasing and firing up my new Husky snowblower, now I'll go out and try to buck some logs before the snow builds up.

Like usual we got threatened with snow 2-5 inches and got yup nada. Now we get 60mph wind today. Any extra snow send it my way please.

Just started snowing here in Orange County NY, was out this morning putting tarps on the rest of my stacks, loading garage with wood and gasing and firing up my new Husky snowblower, now I'll go out and try to buck some logs before the snow builds up.

Careful out there greyfox....this wet stuff on the grass is like snot on glass.

Thanks, Stumpy.

Not snowing to Beat the Band anymore, but still coming down with a purpose.

Here's an updated picture...

attachment.php

northwest NJ - pictures taken at 2pms
been snowing since 9-10am, still comin down pretty good

003Medium.jpg

002Medium.jpg

Last edited:
thermometer outside looks about 35 , its old though, so i cant really say how correct that is , weather says its 33 here, so its right on the line i guess
big heavy flakes comin down

Pretty awesome actually

NE North Dakota/NW Minnesota (border communities) - high 40s and low 50s this weekend. Mostly sunny, relatively calm winds, no real precipitation in a very long time. I'm sitting in a stupid waterpark with my kids for a birthday party and wishing I would be outside cutting. We are very lucky to have such good weather.

got a fresh foot of snow this morning. i think its still Oct:msp_confused:

Latest posts

Back