orange cover 5100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnzski

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
last night I traded my PS5100 on a new one with heated handles. the new one has an orange top cover . the manuf. date says dec. of 2006 I've haven't seen an all orange one before this. is it because it's an H model? just wondering I guess

The first heated handle saws to hit the US had the euro style Orange Hood. I believe sedanman has one as well if memory serves correct. To my knowledge it was only a few of the first run PS5100SH that hit the USA with orange hoods. All that we received had black hoods...

Scott

update

took it out this morning for it's maiden run and found out the oiler isn't working, not a drop. took off the bar and ran it- stillnothing. Great, 43 miles back to the dealer this afternoon:censored:

The first heated handle saws to hit the US had the euro style Orange Hood. I believe sedanman has one as well if memory serves correct. To my knowledge it was only a few of the first run PS5100SH that hit the USA with orange hoods. All that we received had black hoods...

Scott

The Euro 5000 has orange top covers, regardless of version - I guess they had that one...

update #2

just got back from the dealer. the guy working today called in the mechanic to fix it while I was there. mechanic says the pinion on the oil pump was missing from the factory. He got it put together and working. I asked him if next time he sells a saw he'll make sure it's pumping oil. "Yaa , I will". now these guys really owe me a new hat!

Back