order a 346 XP today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you didn't order a E-tech saw, you shouldn't really accept that, I surely wouldn't have......:angry: :angry:

The only thing you have to do to make it an ordinary 346xp, is changing out the muffler, and retune - the dealer really shoud get you one for free, and do the job........

Yes, But if he does not change that green cap he won't get the same performance.;)

OH, of course Stihl will have to pay their employees.........:monkey:

Alot less then they do in the states and Germany.:buttkick:

Kind of like every other manufacturer, eh? Looking for less expensive ways to make their product? Maybe Stihl should build a factory in an area where labor is most expensive. Would that make you happy?

Kind of like every other manufacturer, eh? Looking for less expensive ways to make their product? Maybe Stihl should build a factory in an area where labor is most expensive. Would that make you happy?

It makes no differance to me, Its not like they are going to pass the savings on to us.
It would be nice to see China develope some kind of child labor laws.

It makes no differance to me, Its not like they are going to pass the savings on to us.

Well, they might not pass on savings, but if they can keep prices the same that's like savings.

Do you really think they will have 8 year olds running lathes and mills to build saws?

Well, they might not pass on savings, but if they can keep prices the same that's like savings.

Do you really think they will have 8 year olds running lathes and mills to build saws?

I don't see any savings in there price now.
also there are other jobs other than running lathes and mills.
get real children are working in every factory China has, even if it is pushing a broom.
Do all the products made in Germany stay in Germany? Do all the products made in the U. S, stay in the U.S. No.
To think that Stihl is putting a factory in China to "serve" the area period. Is more #1 Stihl propaganda B.S.
I have seen nothing that is of High quality thats comes out of any mass producing factory in China.

Alot less then they do in the states and Germany.:buttkick:

Once again you speak without knowing. With Stihl being number one worldwide there has to be a plant there to be able to keep up with the demand for product. Unlike the hybrid plant in Shreveport which fills the need of the TSC's, Lowe's,Catalogues, internet and yes the few dealers that it serves.:buttkick:

Wow, I am agreeing with you on something (labor laws) :cheers:

Once again you speak without knowing. With Stihl being number one worldwide there has to be a plant there to be able to keep up with the demand for product. Unlike the hybrid plant in Shreveport which fills the need of the TSC's, Lowe's,Catalogues, internet and yes the few dealers that it serves.:buttkick:

What ever. Hey Moe, Ace is the place to buy Stihls. LOL
Next time I go down state I will take a picture of a Ace hardware, There were three signs on the building. One was Ace and the other Two were Stihl.
Get your tapping shoes on and join Thall. LOL

What ever. Hey Moe, Ace is the place to buy Stihls. LOL
Next time I go down state I will take a picture of a Ace hardware, There were three signs on the building. One was Ace and the other Two were Stihl.
Get your tapping shoes on and join Thall. LOL

Seeing as how the Ace stores are independantly owned and are following all the same guidelines I have no problem with them selling Stihl. We have a lot of them selling it in Texas and the ones I go to do a fine job. We just dont have the traditional saw shop like you have in your area because you would not be able to make it here just selling saws.

I have seen nothing that is of High quality thats comes out of any mass producing factory in China.

Then you're not looking very hard... Check the "made in" sticker on your product from now on...

China isn't the problem - It's spec, QA/QC and the willingness of others to buy junk. Many fine USA companies operate out of China, and the product is made to their specs. Many of these fine companies spec "junk" and allow it to be sold...

And why pick on Stihl and China; what about Stihl and Brazil? I've worked in Brazil bringing a huge a factory out of the 30's. I think we got it to the 50's.. making 90's stuff... Labor laws?, poverty, wages.. check out Brazil... it has to be one of the worst. Enough rant... the bottom line is Stihl, like many others, produces world class products out of the "third world" Brazilian factory, and will also do the same in China. Right now the USA is 61% (might be 65... I'll check) of Stihl's world wide production. Why here? - Germany isn't cost effective as a manufacturing base when your market is here..

Last edited:

A lot less then they do in the states and Germany.:buttkick:

Like I said before - you want to work 6 months to buy an MS290??? Of course they have to make it there, just so the locals can afford to buy them.

:rock: :rock:
The you're not looking very hard... Check the "made in" sticker on your product from now on...

China isn't the problem - It's spec, QA/QC and the willingness of others to buy junk. Many fine USA companies operate out of China, and the product is made to their specs. Many of these fine companies spec "junk" and allow it to be sold...

And why pick on Stihl and China; what about Stihl and Brazil? I've worked in Brazil bringing a huge a factory out of the 30's. I think we got it to the 50's.. making 90's stuff... Labor laws?, poverty, wages.. check out Brazil... it has to be one of the worst. Enough rant... the bottom line is Stihl, like many others, produces world class products out of the "third world" Brazilian factory, and will also do the same in China. Right now the USA is 61% (might be 65... I'll check) of Stihl's world wide production. Why here? - Germany isn't cost effective as a manufacturing base when your market is here..

The you're not looking very hard... Check the "made in" sticker on your product from now on...

Having been over to China on several occasions lately, I agree that China can and will make goods as well as anybody else in the world. Like everywhere else, it depends on the machinery and people they use. Most of the factories we visited were using highly automated German, Japanese and U.S. milling machines and lathes, and the average worker had an engineering degree from a college. Companies like Stihl can afford to hire the cream of the crop and use the latest and greatest in technology, so why wouldn't they take advantage of the great labor rates. Your talking about a huge savings. I am sure that you will start seeing expensive parts coming from over there to all of their assembly plants. Their new 441 cylinder comes from Gilardini -Sp, not Mahle, and I woudn't be surprised that it doesn't come from China in the very near future. What was this thread originally about?

They already have a factory where labor is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy costly, been there since 1974, its called the VA BEACH factory located in Virginia. Its only one of what will soon be 8 huge factories around the world. The Va Beach is only covers a mere 77 acres. Oddly RB these same folks boo hooing about oh Stihl will get cheap labor in China are the same ones that boo hoo Stihl's cost so much. I find it odd Husky hasn't built a factory in Virginia, the highest place to operate in the country. Does Husky have a factory in America anywhere? I won't count Shreveport since its a Poulan factory owned by E-lux, not Husky though alot of orange comes out of it. I note as well the Va Beach has created 2000 american jobs done by americans. How many americans work at the Husky plant, any?, anyone know, enlighten us please,wink!!!

Back