Ordered my PPE tonight...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you use the domestic or imported Carolinas?

I didn't know they had imported Carolinas. I'm not saying that they don't but I don't think that I've ever looked. I'll be sure to look the next time I buy some 'cause I like to buy domestic when I can.

AFTER EDIT;
I just went to the link that you provided and I think I've used the Kodiak Mid steel to and the Patriot steel toe both made in the USA. The Patriot is a very light weight low top and I wouldn't recommend them for cutting.

BTW, those look like some good prices.

Danny

Last edited:
I didn't know they had imported Carolinas.

This link is all the loggers, foreign and domestic, at that dealer, the earlier link I gave was for USA made work shoes.

Fastcast, it looks like Cabela's sells Chippewa, I'll have to check those out. I didn't see any bragging about USA manufacturing on Chippewa's web site, so I assume they've gone offshore like just about everybody else.

25 years ago I could walk into a retail shoe store with $40-50 in hand and walk out with a pair of USA made Wolverines that any cobbler could resole for me. Now the rebuildable boots are as rare as a good shoe repairman.

Fastcast, it looks like Cabela's sells Chippewa, I'll have to check those out. I didn't see any bragging about USA manufacturing on Chippewa's web site, so I assume they've gone offshore like just about everybody else.

They're USA made....Click on the "Made in America" link.
http://www.chippewaboots.com/boots/default.asp

Forgot to mention, these are repairable/resole etc.....Full Grain leather, brass hardware, goodyear welt construction, vibram soles and laces that I swear you'll never replace.

Last edited:
When boot manufacturors say "logger boot", what exactly do they mean?

I know most "logger" boots have tall heels, vibram soles, stiffish soles that protrude out past the boot toe, etc for protection, and some have tongue guards. And some have spikes, although most don't.

So how is "logger" style defined?

Latest posts

Back