Oregon 510A/Carlton 510C Chain Grinder SUPER DEAL!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received an e-mail earlier today informing mine had been shipped. This will be my first experience with a grinder, very interested to see how I make out.

I would have ordered a spare wheel with it, but I couldn't seem to locate them through the E&E web site, maybe I just couldn't figure out where to look.

If anyone has a recommendation on where to get good replacement wheels, I am sure I will be needing a spare or two since I have a wide variety of chain sizes and types to deal with.

Mark

Says "backordered". Did I miss out on a one-shot deal or are there more on the way ?

If anyone has a recommendation on where to get good replacement wheels, I am sure I will be needing a spare or two since I have a wide variety of chain sizes and types to deal with.
Mark
Baileys carries wheels.

The three wheels that come with the grinder should be all you need. They'll last for years of homeowner use.

That is a heck of a deal, and figured I would take advantage of the offer. Happy to do business with you E&E!

is anyone familiar with the construction of this grinder?
is the motor D/C through a transformer or synchronus A/C or non-synchronus A/C?
basically it means a lot when considering modding it for reverse.

Mine was waiting for me when I got home on Saturday. Since I don't have a permanent location for it yet, I mounted it on a piece of MDF with a cleat so I can fasten it in a vise when I need it and put it aside when finished.

I have never owned or operated a grinder before, and have only seen one in use a time or two. None the less, I had little trouble getting this one put together and getting started on a few chains.

I am not a pro and it is not my intention to use this one commercially, but I am pretty pleased with it so far and look forward to becoming proficient with it.

I also found my new camera waiting for me (Holiday Inn Priority Club points) and discover it has a timer so I can take self portraits.

167826d1294620757-dscn2919-jpg

Mark

Just ordered one last night. Can't wait till it gets in.

Mark. How do you like it ? Is it working OK for you. The only other grinder I have used was that cheep HF grinder for $20 on sale. I have also used a dremel but I just can't get the edge to stay for very long.

Latest posts

Back