Oregon 511A Grinder on Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goon 88

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just picked one up for $50. Owner had it for 1 year then decided to have his guys hand file rather than eat up the chain with the grinder. Great guy. Now I need to get an owners manual for it and learn to get it going. Anyone have pro's and con's about this grinder? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

BT

You got a fantastic buy on that grinder. :cheers:

The only tip that I have is to use finesse when operating. Slowly ease your cutter into the stone and take off the least amount possible. You can grind off a lot of good chain very easy.

you'll love it. mine has the hydraulic piston actuated bar tightener. bring the wheel down, and it automatically locks the chain in place. does yours have the hydraulic feature? either way, it's a nice machine. sweet deal, and way to go on finding a good deal!

pat.

I enjoy grinding chains with mine. I do chains for several people, not charging anything because I'm still learning. Today one of the guys I've ground chains for came and knocked down some trees for me. All he wants for payment is some more chains ground. I didn't get as good a deal as you did as I had to give $100 for mine.

Latest posts

Back