Oregon chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dimanager

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My brother has an older Oregon chain. It has a 25 stamped on the raker and a 50 on the drive tag. I can not find anything on the Oregon site with this number on the tag. Any body know about the ID of this chain, guage or anything else. It looks like a ripping chain but I'm not sure. It is 3/8 pitch.

Thanks, Sam

Thanks Scott. Then I believe that the 50 means the guage is .050. Is this correct?

Sam

Gague... Yes 50 is for .050" as would be the case with 58 or 63 as well. the cutter style is APLG windsor = LP oregon tooth, APL = LG oregon tooth, APLX = JG Oregon skip tooth.

Scott

My brother has an older Oregon chain. It has a 25 stamped on the raker and a 50 on the drive tag. I can not find anything on the Oregon site with this number on the tag. Any body know about the ID of this chain, guage or anything else. It looks like a ripping chain but I'm not sure. It is 3/8 pitch.

Thanks, Sam

If it is really old (pre 90s), it is .404 x .050 gauge (50CP, 50AL, etc). The windsor chain usually says 50A, not just 50.

Back