Oregon file holder VINTAGE 5/16

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almondgt

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I found an Oregon 5/16 file holder in a tool box that had some misc. saw repair tools. Just wondering if this part is complete as pictured? Measures 7 5/16" long and appears to be made of brass. Is this file holder from the 50's?
husqvarnafileguide004.jpg

husqvarnafileguide006.jpg

husqvarnafileguide009.jpg

husqvarnafileguide010.jpg

husqvarnafileguide005.jpg

Hard to tell from your pictures, but I think it should have a hole for the file to slide in on each tab and a thumb screw in the top of the tab to tighten down to hold the file in place. It probably had a wooden or plastic handle that went over the end of the file.

I am not sure where mine are, but if no one posts a picture of one by the morning I will dig through the drawers of my toolbox on the chance I moved a couple with me.

Hard to tell from your pictures, but I think it should have a hole for the file to slide in on each tab and a thumb screw in the top of the tab to tighten down to hold the file in place. It probably had a wooden or plastic handle that went over the end of the file.

I am not sure where mine are, but if no one posts a picture of one by the morning I will dig through the drawers of my toolbox on the chance I moved a couple with me.

There is a hole a each tab for the file to slide through at both ends with the thrumb screw at one end to tighten the file down.

Latest posts

Back