oregon grounds person/climber trainee looking for work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climb4fun

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have worked as an installation tech for Clay's Transmissions in Sandy Oregon for the last 12 years. This has afforded me an intimate knowledge of machines and repairing those machines. The work environment is fast paced and demands a keen mind. The automotive industry is the only field I have ever worked in because I was apprenticed by my father at a very young age and have continued to work by his side for these many years. I understand that mechanical experience is of little use to a tree service company and professionally I have no experience to offer in those regards, however I live on 4 3/4 acres that is mostly woodland. When we first moved out there, it was wild. the land was completely untamed and littered with blackberry, vine maple, red alders that were fall hazards, western hemlocks with branches to the ground and TONS of douglas firs that were untrimmed and had lots of dead branches in the crown. I have lived on this property for 10 years now and have put in countless hours clearing brush and maintaining trees. Its worth mentioning that my grandfather was an arborist. I grew up watching him climb and when he passed away I inherited some of his equipment. I started climbing on my property with little knowledge and made many mistakes. Over the years I have acquired skill climbing with spurs and flipline, as well as ascending ropes using the single rope technique (SRT) and double rope technique (DDRT). I dont mention this with a belief that I will be hired on as a climber as I know that a fella has to put his time in on the ground long before he is trusted in the trees, I mention that I have climbed to inform you that I know what a climber requires of his groundsmen. I know the majority of knots that need to be known, am familiar with chainsaw maintenance, am a hard worker who fulfills orders quickly and efficiently.

Knots known;
Double fishermans knot
Prussics
bowline
bowline with yosemite tie off
running bowline
alpine butterfly
timber hitch
cowtail hitch
clove hitch
sheetbend
quick hitch

Equipment I own and use on a regular basis;
Standard chainsaws, bars up to 24 inches
Climbing saws (Stihl MS 192-T)
Big Shot throw line setting system
snatch blocks and pulleys
Life lines (inspecting/maintaining life supporting ropes)
Friction assisted lowering devices
Typical ground maintenance tools such as rakes, picks and shovels

Current valid drivers license
reliable vehicle
drug free

Thank you for your time and consideration;
Shane Allen

phones #'s
503-668-5288 (home)
or
503-668-4077 (current job location, feel free to speak with my employer Clay Allen)

[email protected]

Latest posts

Back