Oregon Power Match Plus bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Brushcutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi

Looking for a nice short bar 13" for my Husky 346xp. I've never got a bar thats not a husky bar before. Are these bars any good? Will it go on a 346 ie are the oil holes in the right place for a husky (they look like it).

It will be used for cutting joints in railway sleepers and then later on limbing and a bit of cross cutting. I'm going to be running M21LP on it which is the multicut chain designed for cuttling sleepers and dirty wood.

Thanks

Andy

Any Oregon bar with the K095 tail pattern will fit the 346xp.

I would suggest semi-chisel, like Stihl RM or Oregon BP for dirty wood, RS or LP for clean wood.......

95VP/H30 is good for both, but then you need a Micro-lite bar.

Last edited:
Husky branded bars are made by oregon. They are idenical to the power match. Made in the same plant, just a differant logo.

Freakingstang said:
Husky branded bars are made by oregon. They are idenical to the power match. Made in the same plant, just a differant logo.
Thatsright, exept that most laminated bars for some markets are Notwegian made, and lighter than the Oregons.....

Oh your good, you like busting peoples' balls don't you?!!

He asked about the powermatch bars. The husky replacable tips are oregon powermatch bars. I never said anything about the laminated, because he didn't mention them either....

If you are cutting USED railway ties (or sleepers) your chain won't last long at all - maybe a few cuts... or as little as one if you hit a pocket of sandy grit in the cracks. This is one place where carbide chain is the correct choice. have a trough of kerosene to put your bars/chains into daily - the creosote really messes them up.

I bought an Oregon bar from Bailey's for my Shindaiwa 757. It has the Husqvarna name on both sides. The Shindaiwa doesn't seem to mind and I'm sure many on this site would consider it an improvement to the saw.

alderman said:
I bought an Oregon bar from Bailey's for my Shindaiwa 757. It has the Husqvarna name on both sides. The Shindaiwa doesn't seem to mind and I'm sure many on this site would consider it an improvement to the saw.

Buddy of mine ordered a Oregon Power Match bar for his 359 from Bailey's too. It came in a Husqvarna package and was painted "Husqvarna" on both sides.

Gary

Back