Oregon Saw Competition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art Martin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
There have been three timber shows during the last three weeks. The show in Myrtle Creek, OR was the last memorial for the late Big John Miller, long time competitor and champion crosscut sawyer.

In the chainsaw events, I only got the results of the first two contestants in the open and second class events.

Open Class
Kevin Dunnavin – 6.8 sec (Art Martin’s chain)
Mike Forrester – 7.8 sec

Second Class
Kevin Dunnavin – 9.26 sec (Art Martin’s chain)
Mike Forrester – 9.88 sec

Astoria, OR – Saturday
5 cube and under
Kevin Dunnavin – 1st place (P52) (Art Martin’s saw and chain)
T. J. Bexten – 2nd place (Solo 680) (Dennis Cahoon’s saw)

6 cube and under
Kevin Dunnavin – 1st place (P52) (Art Martin’s saw and chain)
T. J. Bexten – 2nd place (Solo 680) (Dennis Cahoon’s saw)

Open Class
Kevin – 1st place (084) (Art Martin’s chain)
T.J. – 2nd place

Bernenie, OR – Sunday
Kevin Dunnavin – 1st place (084) (Art Martin’s chain)
T.J. – 2nd place

The cut Kevin made was filmed by the Discovery Channel and will be broadcast at some later date.

Art Martin

do you know what comp. kevin will be at next? a friend of mine was his roommate a few years ago and i never had the time to go see him race. would really appreciate any info.

art martin,
thank you, if you get a date let me know. i live up in eugene so it will take some planning but would really like to go. also if you talk to kevin again tell him that sean and brian say hello. oregonlumber

Thanks for the update Art

I'm glad to see you are still kicking that Cull Dennis's Rear maybe one of these days he will learn how to sharpen a chain!!!!!

Just kidding Dennis glad to see you guys are still going @ it

Last edited:
got to love Art's storys!!!

Yes Kevin had a great weekend!! But there is always two sides to the story! I'm not here to make a bunck of excussesand have people feeling bad for me but!! The 680 solo I ran was not D.C.'s saw it was one that I got a few days before the races!! I spent the day before the show testing some fuels with not much luck the saw ran like #### in the cold start races!! I just find it kinda crazy how you let everyone know what saw your chain was on but forget to let people know that the 084 was a saw D.C. built!!!:monkey: The show on sunday in the 5and under kevin won I was second, The 5and over I won kevin was like 4th or 5th!!!! it was the only race for the solo that was a hot start that we had every other was a cold start! That weekend I had 3 1st,2nd,and a 4th in the saw races! So Arty give me a few shows to get that solo running right and after that any time you want to race I'll be ready!!! (you can name the price!!!)::angry2: Well on a better note I just got home from morton and it was a great show!! It is by far the biggest show on the west coast!! and I didn't see you there!!
stock saw
1st brian sharidan 8.94
2nd T.J. Bexten 9.14
3rd mike forester9.7
4th gil lane (one of my chains)9.8
5th robert andrews (Art's chain)9.9
6th D.C.10.12

Hot saw
1st mike forester 3.14
2nd tie T.J.- D.C. 3.30
4th gil lane 3.8
5th brian sharidan 3.9

I just hope someday Arty you just learn to just sit back and let your chains do the talking :deadhorse: Later, T.J.

T.J.

Don’t blame me for any errors on how you placed in the different events at the Sunday show in Benelia. Kevin called me after the show and I wrote down what he told me. If there are errors, you have to take it up with him. I wasn’t there, I was just the messenger.

I didn’t mention that the 084 that Kevin bought from D.C. that was supposed to be race ready but he had to spend a lot of money on it to make it competitive. His poor showing at the White Pine Logging Show proved that it wasn’t race ready. He placed 4th at that show right after buying it and it was against the Rupley brothers.

Of course, it isn’t necessary to put down whose chain it is every time. I only did it to show how ridiculous it is that when someone uses my chain and does poorly, D.C. always mentions that it is my chain.

No need to make any challenges against me because I haven’t entered any shows since 1983. I just enjoy helping people, who ask for it, to do better and to promote the sport for what it is. To me, it really doesn’t matter who can cut a round off of a log faster than anyone and then the next time someone else cuts it faster. After all, this is a sport, and part of competing in a sport is good sportsmanship.

Congratulations on your 2nd place win at Morton and the other events you won that I had wrong.

Best regards,

Art Martin

Ohh Arty!!!!!

I'm not blaming you for any of my #%^^ups ARTY!! I can't belive how anyone on this site could everyone listens to all your bull$%^&. Don't you think if kevin was so happy about how his stuff worked he would post them instead of you being the messenger!! By the way did kevin send you some of the winnings from them big races if he does I hope you enjoy your new socks and hat!!!:laugh: Maybe next time kevin tell you what happend at the races you should clean your ears first!!
sunday the races chain saw races
5and under
1st kevin
2nd T.J.
5and over
1st T.J.
2nd I dont know
3rd I don't know
4th I don't know if kevin placed!!!
open hot saw
1st T.J.
2nd jermey chalk

ARTY I don't mind you posting the results but at least get them straight before you do you old cull!!!!!:blob2: Later,T.J.

Stop being a cull TJ and tell them that you sharpen your own chains.

HAHAHAHAHA

Fred

Fred

Yes fred I do all my own grinding but I don't think that I could keep everyone listening about it!! There is alot of guys that watched every step of the 200pages that it took Arty to talk them throw chain building!!! I'm a good bull????er but not that good!!! Later,T.J.

T.J.

Don’t blame me for any errors on how you placed in the different events at the Sunday show in Benelia. Kevin called me after the show and I wrote down what he told me. If there are errors, you have to take it up with him. I wasn’t there, I was just the messenger.

I didn’t mention that the 084 that Kevin bought from D.C. that was supposed to be race ready but he had to spend a lot of money on it to make it competitive. His poor showing at the White Pine Logging Show proved that it wasn’t race ready. He placed 4th at that show right after buying it and it was against the Rupley brothers.

Of course, it isn’t necessary to put down whose chain it is every time. I only did it to show how ridiculous it is that when someone uses my chain and does poorly, D.C. always mentions that it is my chain.

No need to make any challenges against me because I haven’t entered any shows since 1983. I just enjoy helping people, who ask for it, to do better and to promote the sport for what it is. To me, it really doesn’t matter who can cut a round off of a log faster than anyone and then the next time someone else cuts it faster. After all, this is a sport, and part of competing in a sport is good sportsmanship.

Congratulations on your 2nd place win at Morton and the other events you won that I had wrong.

Best regards,

Art Martin

Art.....If you're gonna post at least get the facts straight! Don't blame Kevin, you're responsible for what you say and post! I see a bunch of facts wrong or you left out after reading your first post. Are you getting senile in your old age? Kevin didn't win the hotsaw on Sunday, TJ did!.....and Kevin's got the 084 working real good now that he's not trying to run 30% nitro, or switch the carb back to gas, and that wasn't my personal 680 either. Hey Art, did you build that P52? Oh, that's right you don't build saws, you get someone to build them for you.....and then act like you did all the work....Hahahahahaha! If you're going to promote sportsmanship, at least tell the true facts!

Art it sounds like your stuff does poorly quite often . But hey keep trying one of these days you might get it LOL

Hey Art do you know a man named Jim Taylor I had a chat with him you should give him a call. Tell him your crosscut stories :hmm3grin2orange: From the way I gather it he sharpened yours :cry: Shame on you Art :deadhorse:

Helsel

Why don't you all just go down to a Hooter's restaurant, take a waitress into a bathroom with a ruler, and be done with it?

Spacemule, that is the funniest thing I have ever read on this site!!!

Latest posts

Back