Oregon's PRO 91 'GP' n 'SP' Series Bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sagetown

Farmer and a STIHL
Reaction score
Since it's pouring down rain outside, I thought I'd say a few words here about Oregon's Pro 91 Series Bar, and show a pic of the differences in the two bars.

My oldest 15 yr old Poulan 2075 was in need of a new bar. Thus began the quest for something more agressive than what is offered at the local farm stores.

For my small 34cc and 36cc Poulan saws, this pro bar supporting the 91VXL sawchain make for a great combo for excellent cutting with minimum power. My first order for the SP bar came in, but was not what I wanted. It was the new GP (Guard ) Bar which has some extra holes in the barnose to mount a noseguard. A few months later, I found the SP (Solid) bar at Amazon.com . The prices varied a little , but so did the shipping, and they both ended up about the same cost. $37+change.
pro91speafinally0081.jpg

Interesting - what length are those bars? It looks like the nose sprocket is a larger diameter than is on my 18" WT low-pro bar is that the case or is it a picture artifact?

GP does mean Guard Sprocket but SP just means Sprocket (tip). They're both laminated bars.
As a side note, the Pro 91 series has been merged into the Pro-Lite series for 2012, so you will no longer be seeing bars labeled "Pro 91".

Interesting - what length are those bars? It looks like the nose sprocket is a larger diameter than is on my 18" WT low-pro bar is that the case or is it a picture artifact?

The size is 16" bars. Yes the nose is larger than the original bar that comes with the saw. Looks awesome. At 1st I was a little apprehensive that the chain would even fit, but it does.

GP does mean Guard Sprocket but SP just means Sprocket (tip). They're both laminated bars.
As a side note, the Pro 91 series has been merged into the Pro-Lite series for 2012, so you will no longer be seeing bars labeled "Pro 91".

You're absolutely correct. My mind went blank as usual when I posted that. Thanks for putting it straight.

They will be called Pro Lite 91 and the label 91 across the bar nose.
They will continue to be made in SP/GP , SPE/GPE styles from what I've seen.

Back