Other stoves the size of a Quadrafire 5700?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooseracing

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am going to try hard and upgrade before next winter.

My con list right now is :
Less than 8 hrs of heat on Low
Not enough heat in general

I'm looking at the Quadrafire 5700 as it has the biggest firebox I've found in a 6" flue. Our triple wall is maybe 5 yrs old, so I don't want to replace it. The PO's put in a Napoleon 1400 and it just doesn't put out enough heat for the old house, and we barely have coals left after sleeping or after work.

So are there any other 3cu foot or larger fireboxes with a 6" flue?

Pacific Energy Summit

I would look at this one. It has a higher efficiency rating, may or may not put out more BTUs depending on how QF rates there stoves.( I couldn't figure this out in 30 seconds or less, so I will leave that up tp you). But it has great burn times, comes in a bunch of configurations, has a fair amount of glass in the front, and puts out a mess of heat.

I can't speak directly about a 5700, but my 4300 gives 10 hrs of usable heat. The automatic combustion control is great and the stove burns clean. I understand shopping around, but IMHO a Quadra-Fire is the stove to buy.

Lopi

I have a lopi endeavor that I just installed this fall. I am amazed at the burn times. It heats 1200Sqft main floor and the 600 upstairs. A little cool upstairs, but i'm fine with that, this is where we sleep. I burn mostly seasoned locust and mulberry and I find enough large coals after 9-10hrs easily to get a fire started again. It is taking sometime to get the air intake adjusted correctly, but very happy with having coals available in the morning. If I load it totally full, there is too much wood left in the morning! I will stoak it at 9:00 pm and when I reload it is around 0700am. I know they make a lopi Liberty that has a huge firebox. Hope that helps.

I have an Osburn 2400 insert and this sucker is not only heating my 2000 square foot house to 74 in the back bedrooms, but we are leaving the door to the garage ope and heating it as well.

The Osburn 2400 has a 3.1 cf firebox and I can easily have hot coals after 10 to 12 hours to throw on another split and it catch right up. The 2400 has a free standing stove model as well, same dimensions but does not come with the blower.

I also looked at the Lennox 310. It has a 3.2 cf firebox has a free standing stove model. It seemed to be made just a shade heavier, but cost about $900 more than the Osburn.

Latest posts

Back