Ouch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marshy

Marshy

285 Killa
Can we turn this into a "show me your failed piston" thread?

2013-02-08_22-26-10_662.jpg

Marshy

Marshy

285 Killa
It's better than an oil thread!!

I've seen a few 441's go down this way now, it's always the pin near the exhaust port that pops out.
You mean you dont want to know which oil mix ratio will give faster cuts? My guess is what ever ratio they try first because the more beers they drink the slower the cuts are going to take. :laugh:

Silly to think theirs going to be a noticeable difference in the cut between fuel ratio. Oops, dont want to derail this thread, got a good one going. :thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

Piston.jpg

I think the ring got kinked.

cuttinties

cuttinties

ArboristSite Guru
It's better than an oil thread!!

I've seen a few 441's go down this way now, it's always the pin near the exhaust port that pops out.
This one was intake side. But I spoke to the owner looks like it's staying stock. He says it's a "hot rod" but I believe that he's not wanting to invest any more in what will already be a costly repair. I can't say as I blame him too much, but I was hoping for a chance to play with it.

cuttinties

cuttinties

ArboristSite Guru
Okay, I was thinking maybe exhaust heat was loosening the pin over time, guess not.
That would make sense but this is just an odd duck. I've got to clean it up and pull the piston of and inspect a little closer. But it appears to have what looks like where the piston was binding at the bottom of cylinder. I'd say that it was caused by the ring snagging the port, but it looks like it had been rubbing some over longer time period.

Latest posts