Out of Action for a while

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
prayers sent from northern arizona
take care
we have done some deals and you are a very honest person

Well, I'm finally tired of the constant hurting in the elbow, the waking up in the middle of the night, and seriously, the inability to zip my pants with my left hand....I'm having elbow surgery tomorrow. I have to be at the Dr. at 1pm. I've been through three shoulder surgeries and both the Dr. and the PA who's a personal friend have assured me that the elbow won't be as painful as the shoulder operations. I bet they tell everyone the same thing!! Dr.'s orders are nothing heavier than a cup of coffer for the first four weeks. Then a few weeks of strengthening the tendon. I hope that by Christmas I'm feeling much better. I have quite a few acres of stand improvement waiting on me. I also plan to do a controlled burn on the farm timber in January/Feb., and we start baseball in Feb., so this was about the best time for me to get this done. I've busted my butt the last couple of weeks to get all the loose ends tied up...and wouldn't you know it, someone PM's me tonight wanting a 346. I had already told my wife at supper tonight that I was going to get up at 6am and head to the shop. I just want something to keep my mind occupied. Maybe I can click one more saw off.

I'm having a nerve block on the arm so I won't be in much pain when I come home, but as it wears off I will be on the meds. I'm sure I'll be making a few posts in the next few days, but they may not make much sense until the meds wear off.

Say prayer for me, and thanks for the support and friendship on this board!!

Neal
Murph, my good friend, you will certainly be in my prayers!!
Having been a past nationally ranked tennis player that operation you're having was very comon in our sport. Know a number of guys that had it! I've had a bad right shoulder and elbow from hitting too many tennis balls but I use the flavored 35% H202 for it. As long as I do 75 drops or more a day I'm OK. Slack off and I suffer for it. Both been bothering me for close to 40 years!!
You're a braver man than me for going thru the OP!! Take care!! You'll be fine! The Good Lord will see to that!!

God bless your surgery and your recovery sir! Also happy holidays to you and your family. And thank you for all of the information you have shared over the years to this long time lurker. When you type I read!

You have earned the respect of all of us lurkers. Best of luck with your surgery. I expect you will do much better than you think. Just to put another "spin" on the situation, if you had to choose between elbow surgery & a hemorroidectomy, which would it be!?!
I wish you well & am looking forward to more posts, soon!

Latest posts

Back