Outdoor Hardy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishcountry

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I found a used Hardy outdoor boiler/furnace on our local craigslist for $3200 includes "heat coil" it doesn't specify model size and or age of unit. Is this reasonable price? Not really in the market right now but thought maybe if it is very reasonable might be something to get and install later on. I know Icreek has one maybe you could give me some pro's/con's ect. thanks Happy New Year irishcountry

Thanks I may get a quote from the company to compare and may e-mail the listing to see what size and BTU's it is. thanks

If you are looking for a furnace I would go look at it. I have had my H4 Hardy for four years now and love it. Mine was a little more than twice that price installed.

Y'all will love the sh@t out of this

I bought a 2 yr old H4 for $300.00 from a lady she said she was tired of looking at it !! Only thing she said was I want it gone today!!

The lady I bought my Hardy from has had her Hardy in constant use for 18 years. They heat their pool and hottub with it in the summer. I would check it out for leaks and check to see if the grates are sagging from excessive heat. I have a blog about my Hardy that you can see by this link.

http://ohiowoodburnerowb.blogspot.com/

To me, $3200 sounds reasonable but probably on the higher end of its worth. It all depends on its shape, age, etc.

Good luck.

Thanks for all the input I wansn't exactly sure what they cost for that brand new and your right if its in bad shape that would seem to be the higher end of worth. For $300 i'd want to find out for sure thats a bargin for sure!! I will check out the blog appreciate it!! irishcountry

I little high for used, but if I remember from a few months ago when a buddy bought his H4, it was $6750.00, and an H2 was around $5000.00 new, not installed, with an exchanger kit and some basic plumbing fittings, no PEX, pad, install, etc. I can get some updated prices tomorrow and post if you want.

How old is it? My family has three, one 23 years old, mine is about 15 years old, and my BIL H4 4 years old. Like I said before there are 10 Hardy H2/H4 models within 15 minutes of my house, a very popular OWB here in Missouri, and low maintenance to run.

damower got a deal !!!!!

Last edited:
Back