outdoor wood boiler gauges

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John D

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am putting my heat exchange in this week for my OWB that is due here soon. I have been looking for temperature gauges for incoming temp at the heat exchange,outgoing temps,and the boiler water temps as well.I havent had much luck in finding anything I like. Any help would be appreciated,Im just looking for a basic temp guage,I dont need pressure,most have pressure gauges as well as temp,and cost 30-40 dollars.
I have an idea,being a hot rodder, I am used to working with aftermarket gauges in cars/trucks,and I am thinking,why not use mechanical temp gauges for a car? Then i could remote mount the gauges to one panel,no power needed,as they are mechanical,and not too expensive. Im open to suggestions, I am thinking 4 of these mounted to my boiler room wall,I'll cut 4 holes w holesaw in a scrap 1x4 piece of #2 pine,and mount them together. Here is the gauge I want to use.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...4294822101+4294907780+400304+115&autoview=sku

Outside on the OWB,one of these gauges mounted to the front of the OWB would make temp checks quick and easy,there should easily be enough lead to go around back,and into the water jacket.Also still looking for a remote gauge for inside,Id rather hard wire,than use a wireless gauge for reliability reasons.

Auto gauges a novel approach...they are direct immersion? The sensors have 1/4" NPT threads on them, just use the correct reducers/bushings to get into whatever pipe you are using.

Temp. gauges from my CB dealer were $15.

:givebeer:

Back