Outdoor wood burner stack height, type??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parkin40

Reaction score
Hello again,
I am a city councilman, and woodburner that is looking for info from all you as the city is wanting to get some ordinances in place.
I have tried to raise the height of my stack because of a neighbor complaining. I thouhg tI would start to try somethings to see what would work. I raised the stack 6 feet with single wall pipe this lasted about 3 weeks and I lost heat from my stove the pipe was allmost completely filled with creosote. I am now with a 3 ft. tripple wall no problems so I am considering going up another 6 ft. just looking for some info.

Thanks again

Jan Parkin

I have a woodmaster that only comes with a small stack coming out the top of the stove. I added 6ft of triple wall pipe to mine to get the smoke up over not only my neihgbors house, but mine as well. Once in a while it burns off the creosote in the stack, but it gets the smoke up higher, and hasn't plugged up yet ;-)

Chris

From what I understand you should have better luck with triple wall as single wall will cool the gases faster causing creasote to form on the inside of the pipe faster.

Latest posts

Back