Outdoor wood burner stack height, type??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parkin40

Reaction score
Hello again,
I am a city councilman, and woodburner that is looking for info from all you as the city is wanting to get some ordinances in place.
I have tried to raise the height of my stack because of a neighbor complaining. I thouhg tI would start to try somethings to see what would work. I raised the stack 6 feet with single wall pipe this lasted about 3 weeks and I lost heat from my stove the pipe was allmost completely filled with creosote. I am now with a 3 ft. tripple wall no problems so I am considering going up another 6 ft. just looking for some info.

Thanks again

Jan Parkin

I have a woodmaster that only comes with a small stack coming out the top of the stove. I added 6ft of triple wall pipe to mine to get the smoke up over not only my neihgbors house, but mine as well. Once in a while it burns off the creosote in the stack, but it gets the smoke up higher, and hasn't plugged up yet ;-)

Chris

From what I understand you should have better luck with triple wall as single wall will cool the gases faster causing creasote to form on the inside of the pipe faster.

Back