over priced tree removal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's tough to say, was there any potential danger, (AKA, the kind that will put an arborist out of business)? It all depends...Out here in OR and WA most removals go between 150 and 200 dollars an hour with a truck, crew and chipper. Some higher, some lower...Also, a lot of guys start with a base price, say 500 bucks, then tack on the hourly charge. There is a lot of variables. It's kinda like asking how much it will cost to fix your car when it just stops running with out looking at it. Ask a local that can swing by...

Could be expensive or cheap delending on the location and size of the tree. We have charged as little as $100.00 for a tree removal and as much as $12,000.00 for a tree to be removed.

$12,000.00 for a tree removal? I have never heard of anything that outrageous. my god! you could get a municipal contract or bid a circuit for a utility for that. Is this figure an exageration? cuz i wanna go where they pay that kinda cash!!

LXT.

for one tree. largest we've seen is $9,000. 2.5 day job with crane. Might be comparable to Dil's tree, cause I know MA gets more money up there(however more expensive to live)

Ten times more expensive ? That is through the roof
never in my life have heard of that kind of price being paid!
high end here is 1200 and that is cleaned up and stump gone.
My customers would ask what I was smoking if gave them a
12000 bid but I would sure like to get it lol.

Ten times more expensive ? That is through the roof
never in my life have heard of that kind of price being paid!
high end here is 1200 and that is cleaned up and stump gone.
My customers would ask what I was smoking if gave them a
12000 bid but I would sure like to get it lol.

You live in Arkansas, no offense at all. What does a loaf of bread or a galon of gas cost there?

We did an alder today for $2150 including the stump....for an alder it was large and technical, with some limbs 10 inches and 35-45 feet long. Had it on the ground in 4 hours or less.... 2 climbers, 2.5 on the ground....the 0.5 was me with a camera and shouting directions...hehe...and running some rigging and saws
Last summer, I bid $9000 on a 5.5 foot dbh lombardy poplar, another bid was $10 k, it's still there. 135 feet tall, no drop zone, requires 100 ton crane to reach over a 2 or three story building..and work blind...would have to be radio communication.

We have a pine coming up for $4000....about 50 inches on the butt, with huge sweeping laterals that turn into leaders...60 feet long..have to crane them out, and the butt....80 foot radius says the crane estimator..I guessed at 55. He says he can do those leaders whole with a 65 ton crane...but the only saleable log will prolly be too heavy....so I won't be able to recover some of the trash truck and crane fees.

Most $ on a tree for us was $5700...a 54 inch dbh cedrus deodar on a slope that had to be speedlined and butt hitched...no crane access. This was 5 years ago..was underbid, shoulda been $7000..today, I'd go $9000 for it...

Here's me clowning on today's alder stump...
473216123_e70c770409_b.jpg

Last edited:
Mark,

My Dad told me about a Job he bid years ago at Logan airport in Boston. There was no access and all the trees had to be done with a helicopter. Another company was awarded the job and the bids were insanely high. I guess my dad's bid was an absurd amount of money and was not to far off.

Last edited:
$12,000.00 for a tree removal? I have never heard of anything that outrageous. my god! you could get a municipal contract or bid a circuit for a utility for that. Is this figure an exageration? cuz i wanna go where they pay that kinda cash!!

LXT.

No Joke, we did one tree just last year; for the sale price of 12k. We may have even had a job for more then that in the past. I would have to check with the patriarch of the company.....

If it were me I'd get a couple of estimates to confirm they are in the ball park.

The starting price for one tree with a cranearound here is arond $1200.

The highest$$$$ single tree I have seen is $8,000. Big linden in Boston no access.

We did a 60"+++ Silver Maple last year in a super small 4 way intersection, 13kv primary going down all 4 streets, Crane, 4 log trucks of logs, 3.5 30 yard chip trucks of chips, and 2 hours for the stump!!! $6,000 and done in 4 hours not including the stump!

My biggest single job was $5k for a willow with a +5ft stumpwith lots of surface roots. I think it was near 10 years ago.

All wood had to be cut to get between garage and house, could not get loader through. We took out 3 single axle dump loads of wood, and had a sawdust pile 7 feet wide and 4 feet high.

2 days to get it clean, anout 10 mhrs for 2 guys to grind the stump with a Rayco Jr.

A 200 ton crane is $5,000.00 for they day around here.....I you have to rent that crane; the price becomes very inflated!

Last edited:
duct tape fixes everything!
leaking,bleeding,nagging,sawdust where you dont want it,just slap some good ole duct tape over the troublesome hole or tear and the problem is solved!!:taped:

Back