OwB first fill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILboilerguy

Reaction score
New to the wood boiler life, got married twice in the same year! Once to my wife and once to the OWB... I was just curious on first fill procedure.. can I fill from the return port.. being that it's the lowest point it would be pushing water through the system to the highest point. Plz advise if this is not smart. I read somewhere about hydrolocking by getting water in return line first..

Congrats on the unions lol

I have a Crown Royal 7400MP and I ran soft water in the return line in the house via a faucet I put in by the softener so I could add water if it ever got low. I dumped the anti-corrosion juice in the top of the stove where the water level indicator is.

Never heard there was much science to filling it. Is yours a pressurized system ? That may make a difference 🤷

Congrats on the unions lol

I have a Crown Royal 7400MP and I ran soft water in the return line in the house via a faucet I put in by the softener so I could add water if it ever got low. I dumped the anti-corrosion juice in the top of the stove where the water level indicator is.

Never heard there was much science to filling it. Is yours a pressurized system ? That may make a difference 🤷
It's unpressurized model is earth rancher 365

Latest posts

Back