OWB owners with taller stacks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HUSKYMAN

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I tried to add a taller stack (uninsulated) to my Woodmaster and during the downcycles I get a ton of condensation in the pipe, which then runs down onto the roof of the boiler and makes a big black mess.

I guess I need to seal the connections of pipe, but I need some suggestions on how to do it. Thanks

Yeah I did the same thing and just lived with it last year. Dont expect the pipe to last too long. I found most of mine in the fire box as it disintegrated.

I spent the extra money and bought two three foot sections of double wall stainless steel for my owb. I also bought a clamping ring that that secures them together. I used clear silicone to seal the bottom piece against the roof of the stove. This will be my second year and there are no problems, however I did have to use a chiminey brush to clean the creosote out of the pipe. I also use a stainless cap on the top to keep sparks/embers from coming out.

I added a 3 ft section of triple wall insulated pipe about 2 weeks ago, and haven't seen any problems. Was stil getting some low smoke heading to the neighbors house, so today I added another 3 ft. Will keep a close eye on it for the next week or two to make sure there are no moisture issues. 'Supposedly' the triple wall keeps the condensation to a minimum. We'll see.

Chris

Back