owb setup and wood splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigden

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I use the stagging to hold the beam up so the northen hyd winch can lift the big log peices to split them in half. if you can see the trollys on the beam that is so i can pick and trolly over to the timber wolf for splitting.It worked really well with the wife running the winch.She did really good. we should of got the table grate for the splitter it would helped a lot. i was worryed about the grate not handling the big log weights.

If I had to go through all that

To be able to burn would I would not do it..
Take your saw and quarter those big pieces up.. Mercy me.. It is quick.

Sorry but that looks like an accident waiting to happen to me. get a log lift for your splitter. be safe!

safe

the beam is clamped on both ends so it can not slide of or move. the log lift on a twp1 would have its hands full with the weight of these logs I'm thinking. I would like to handle the big stuff because not everybody wants it and with owning a crane service and doing big tree take downs that is what every body wants to give away. :popcorn:

You'd think so but an I-beam spanned between what appears to be 2 SEPERATE sections of scaffolding doesn't sound like a good idea. I dont blame you for wanting the big chunks others dont care to deal with. They yeild a lot of splits and are well worth your time if you can handle them without getting hurt.

If the beam is attatched at both ends I dont see where it can go very far.

It cant be too bad, he's still here telling us about it.

Wait a sec ! He said the wife gets to run the hoist, Bigden ? are you mad at her for something she don't know about ?

LOL J/K !!!

Looks fine to me, the rungs in the scaffolding seem to support it.

I don't see a problem with the method as long as that scaffolding is secure and can hold the weight of the beam/lifted item. We pull engines and tranny with a similar setup except our legs are A frames of thick steel tubes.

Brian

scaffold

when i work with the masons the cubes of brick weight close to 4000 pounds and we set a cube every other frame it adds up to a lot of weight on a multi story building

No side loading allowed! Otherwise should be fine. The weight is transferred straight down through the ends of the scaffolding nearest the load. Make sure that beam never comes loose.

attachment.php

Why not just park a crane near the splitter set up?

crane

because it is a 70 ton link-belt and it weights 99780 pounds. but i did unload the owb with it. the truck driver that delivers for wood doctor sead it was the biggest crane to unload one yet so he took pics.i also set it with 70 tonner on the pad i made for it.
check it out on the web htt 8670 long boom it is what i call the tree killer

because it is a 70 ton link-belt and it weights 99780 pounds. but i did unload the owb with it. the truck driver that delivers for wood doctor sead it was the biggest crane to unload one yet so he took pics.i also set it with 70 tonner on the pad i made for it.
check it out on the web htt 8670 long boom it is what i call the tree killer

attachment.php

Is that it?

Latest posts

Back