P/N for plate on bottom of new Stihl 044 fuel tank?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

royta

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
grew up near Yreka, CA and am now living in Morgan
The previous owner of my 044 installed the the new style fuel tank on it. I see in pictures that other saws have a metal plate on the bottom front right corner, right behind where the chips exit. What are the part numbers for the plate and for the screw that holds the plate in place? I figure the new saw have them there for a reason, so I better buy them for my saw.

Last edited:
These can be found on the 046 IPL. Not supplied as stock on most 044's, but a worthwhile upgrade.

Yeah, I couldn't find it in my 044 IPL. I wonder why the 044/440 doesn't have it? That corner gets bombarded, but only with chips. I wonder what the story is behind the use of the part.

Oh, and thanks!!

Or you could get the 1122 648 0401 and the 1122 656 1510

Large chain sprocket cover and guard.

The previous owner of my 044 installed the the new style fuel tank on it. I see in pictures that other saws have a metal plate on the bottom front right corner, right behind where the chips exit. What are the part numbers for the plate and for the screw that holds the plate in place? I figure the new saw have them there for a reason, so I better buy them for my saw.

OK,
What the heck does this part look like and/or what Stihl saws does it fit? I can't find a picture or reference anywhere. I feel like I need to upgrade with this part from the description but, I don't know what the heck it is. I'm sure this is a question that only other out of control saw owners would understand. At least I hope!

OK,
What the heck does this part look like and/or what Stihl saws does it fit? I can't find a picture or reference anywhere. I feel like I need to upgrade with this part from the description but, I don't know what the heck it is. I'm sure this is a question that only other out of control saw owners would understand. At least I hope!

Look at the MS440 and the MS460 on pgs. 27 & 28 of the latest Stihl catalog. Look on the bottom right corner of the gas tank, right behind the clutch cover. You will see a shiny aluminum cover on the gas tank. It fastens with a screw to the bottom of the gas tank. I looked on the Stihl site, but there aren't any large pictures of those saws, or I'd insert a picture in this post. I know it fits the 044 and 046 that have the new flip-cap style tank, and obviously the 440 and 460, as they only came with the flip-cap style tank. I pretty much only follow the 044/440 and 046/460 saws, because I own a 044, therefore, I don't know what other saws have something like this.

Last edited:
Royta,
Thanks for the reply! I found it in my 440 IPL and I also found they have one for the 066. I've already got them both on order. Thanks again. Jay

1128 656 1500

and

9099 021 2770

These can be found on the 046 IPL. Not supplied as stock on most 044's, but a worthwhile upgrade.

I hope this isn't a dumb question...but will this part fit/work on a older 044 tank housing. I'm not sure how this part mounts on the tank...if there are the necessary screw holes on a older 044 tank.

Kevin

Don't know... If there is a molded place for it and the screw hole, it will fit. Send a pix of the bottom right of your tank.

Even if there isn't a "place", you can probaly make it fit... just use JB Weld and glue it on.

Don't know... If there is a molded place for it and the screw hole, it will fit. Send a pix of the bottom right of your tank.

Even if there isn't a "place", you can probaly make it fit... just use JB Weld and glue it on.

My old tank housing is broken and the bottom right of the tanks is welded and beat up. I'm in the process of getting another older tank housing...but I don't think there is a molded place (or a screw hole). JB weld will have to do I guess.

I just noticed, this is post #440 for me and the post is regarding a 044/440...I know, I know it's weak...I'll leave now... :rolleyes: :D

Kevin

Last edited:
My 044 has the screw caps, and it does not have a place for the metal guard. I think it came about with the flip top caps.

My old tank housing is broken and the bottom right of the tanks is welded and beat up. I'm in the process of getting another older tank housing...but I don't think there is a molded place (or a screw hole). JB weld will have to do I guess.

I just noticed, this is post #440 for me and the post is regarding a 044/440...I know, I know it's weak...I'll leave now... :rolleyes: :D

Kevin

Its a sign you need another 440/044 what else can it be????

Must be your Lucky day or maybe your next post means you need too get Casey's DN modded 441????? off the tradin post :bowdown: :bowdown:

Last edited:
Its a sign you need another 440/044 what else can it be????

Must be your Lucky day or maybe your next post means you need too get Casey's DN modded 441????? off the tradin post :bowdown: :bowdown:

Got to get the first one done, then......maybe I'll sell the Olympyk......then I'll replace it with......I thought I am/was immune to CAD (chainsaw acquiring diease) that the rest of y'all have...:)

Just thought of a great excuse for a bigger saw (066 etc.), when our new baby girl arrives, I want to make sure she's extra warm...so I'll need more wood, and since I scavenge for wood, I need to get all that I can..including the big stuff...which needs a big saw to buck and to rip the really big pieces...and so on...think it'll fly with my wife????? :rolleyes: :D

Kevin

Latest posts

Back