Painting Carlton TRX 7015

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AAASTUMPSERVICE

AAASTUMPSERVICE

ArboristSite Operative
First off this is a ton off work! So far I've pressure washed, degreased, pressure washed again, wiped down with solvent. 95% of the grease is off.

Masking still in work, I had to take a break it's a pain in the butt to mask/tin foil all the hoses, wires on and under the motor.

I have to pull a few more rubber debris guards and complete the masking. Should be painted mid week. Very excited!

I will update when complete.

Anyone on here repaint their machine? Got some pictures?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 151
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 122
Guido Salvage

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
I once painted a fire truck with a foam roller.

Tremclad022-1.jpg

Topbuilder

Topbuilder

Mouth breathers need not apply.
First off this is a ton off work! So far I've pressure washed, degreased, pressure washed again, wiped down with solvent. 95% of the grease is off.

Masking still in work, I had to take a break it's a pain in the butt to mask/tin foil all the hoses, wires on and under the motor.

I have to pull a few more rubber debris guards and complete the masking. Should be painted mid week. Very excited!

Looking good. Waiting for "after" pics.

TC262

TC262

ArboristSite Operative
I use a combination of tin foil and grease. Anything I can't cover with tin foil I use a paint brush to give a small protective grease coating.

AAASTUMPSERVICE

AAASTUMPSERVICE

ArboristSite Operative
I think it turned out pretty good for painting in the garage. Decals are on and now I need to buy new rubber trim/guards. I have new tracks for it but I'm going to hold off on installing those. The worn out tracks do less damage to lawns.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 92
JustTom

JustTom

ArboristSite Lurker
That looks really nice. How about a little more info on your painting process after the cleaning and masking? I have a large 3 pt snowthrower I'd like to paint along with some other equipment, but not really experienced with painting metal. Assuming you skipped the foam roller, did you use a gun or just brush? Do you prime with anything? Any kind of sealer or top coat/finish?

I always have visions of whatever I do peeling off almost as fast as I get it on there.

066blaster

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have a vermeer sc252 , it was getting rusty in spots I sanded it (random orbital) primed it and used vermeer spray can paint. The vermeer paint is awsome. I should have done more sanding to get the old paint off though. It looked pretty crappy even though I spent quite a bit of time on it.

howel07264

howel07264

ArboristSite Operative

GREAT JOB!!

Latest posts